Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's music apps are on your IPhone/Ipad ?

NYKeys

My IPad/IPhone Rompler is coming together nicely. Kind of curious what music apps musicians are using

My music apps include - (M)= working with KX49/CCk

- GarageBand(M)

- Alchemy synth (M)

- Core synth hd

- DM1

- Beatmaker 2(M)

- Rebirth

- Filtatron

- Animoog(M)

- Sampletank(M)

- IMS-20 (M)

Just got a Yamaha KX49 this weekend and it works great with the Camera Connection kit.

***Updated***

Just got Sampletank 2 days ago and IMS-20 Yesterday.

Spent about an hour today playing Sampletank and my XP60 through the JBL's.

- They sound great together, no latency issues. I'll pass on the Piano's. Everything else was ear candy esp the Rhodes patch and Leads

Animoog - Wow never knew an ipad could scream like that. Pure Ear candy, very playable, and zero latency.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amimoog and garage band, plus

TNR-1 grid synth

Drum School

Drum Dictionary

alchemy synth

core synth hd

idle drum sequencer

isynthesiser

amimoog and tnr are lots of fun :)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

- Not to my ears, but I was flying through the patches at the time . I'll give it another shot tonight just to confirm.

Right now out of the four it comes with, Rock Piano is the only one that is usable.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

-C3B3 Pocket organ

How is this working out for you? Does it respond to #CC settings?

Finding only a hand full of the Apps respond to #CC settings. and that's Mod wheel and Pitch bend.

IMS-20 recognizes some of them, but it's more of an on/off response of 0 to about 64. Again this app is new to me so I'm sure there is a setting i'm missing.

****UPDATE*****

Here is the link to the Midi Implementation (click) chart for IMS-20, IElectribe, and SyncKontrol

My Music Page

I have about 30-40 music apps but these are ones I have taken a shine to

Samplewiz (superb... best app so far)

Filtatron

Amnimoog (Mmm... this and Sample Wiz!!!)

Morphwiz

VOX3000 (a lot of fun with rude words)

Improvox (pretty amazing)

Soundwarp

Loopy HD

Funkbox

iMS20

iElectribe

iElectribe Gorrilla Edition (pretty cool.... nice waveforms... would be better with user sampling though)

Looptastic HD (I've done gigs with the iPhone equivalent in the past.. this is much better)

Alchemy (sounds really lovely)

Thumbjam (one of the best apps out there I think)

Garageband (not really tried it out but has obvious potential)

Not so keen on...

Fairlight Pro

Pro Keys

Autoharp

DubSiren Pro (recommended on another forum but I have no idea why..)

BS-16i

Scott,

Am I reading this correctly that the app hosts SoundFonts? For example, could I port learjeff's Rhodes SoundFont onto my iPhone (provided I have enough free space) and play it via an iRig connected to MIDI keyboard?

Ok I take back what I said about the sampletank pianos Def can use all of them live and it sits well in the mix. All the effects are tweakable. I really like this app.

"The old upright "is my favorite piano patch.

My Music Page

BS-16i

Scott,

Am I reading this correctly that the app hosts SoundFonts? For example, could I port learjeff's Rhodes SoundFont onto my iPhone (provided I have enough free space) and play it via an iRig connected to MIDI keyboard?

I haven't tried it yet, but that is my understanding. Though to be clear, I think what you call "free space" needs to be "free memory" (i.e. RAM), as opposed to storage space. So you might be better off using his 12 mb looped version than his 76 mb unlooped version. Another factor here might be, unless this has changed, I seem to remember that iOS could not address more than 24 mb per process.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

If you want to talk about other music apps besides those that make music, I'd include

Capo

Subdivide

IStrobosoft

SoundMeter

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ok I take back what I said about the sampletank pianos Def can use all of them live and it sits well in the mix. All the effects are tweakable. I really like this app.

"The old upright "is my favorite piano patch.

What changed?

The 1st time i listened to the patches through headphones.

This time I hooked it up to my rig.

I spent about an hour playing just the pianos. I didn't have to tweak the patches that much. What ever tweaks I did do could be stored on the user banks

My Music Page

Filtatron

Amnimoog

Morphwiz

iMS20

iElectribe

Garageband

Sunrizer (GREAT)

Etude

Symphony pro

ReBirth

Bebot

GuitarToolkit

Nota

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

I haven't tried it yet, but that is my understanding. Though to be clear, I think what you call "free space" needs to be "free memory" (i.e. RAM), as opposed to storage space. So you might be better off using his 12 mb looped version than his 76 mb unlooped version. Another factor here might be, unless this has changed, I seem to remember that iOS could not address more than 24 mb per process.

By "free space" I meant available MB. I'm definitely intrigued...

Garageband

Animoog

Not my iPad - my wife's. She gave me one as a birthday gift. I returned it.

...and bought a Macbook Air. :thu:

I know, I know... Kool-Aid is an acquired taste. :snax:

I didn't wanna do it ...didn't wanna do it.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I love the iReal b - it has chord charts to all sorts of tunes and play along tracks that you mix/mute parts and even change styles. You can change tempo and keys too. It's great for practice. I LOVE it!

I also like the "slow down player"

My 8 year old daughter has fun with 'My Little Note Lite" for ear training and reading pitches on the grand staff.

Both of use a nice metronome app too.

*iRealb (iReal Book) - I was kind of p.o'd when they took all the songs out, but then found the forums where you can get them all back and then some.

*Amazing Slow Downer - indispensable for learning horn lines, string lines, solos...

*La-Di-Da, which is a cool little program that I use with my Theory Class students - you sing a phrase into it (or play one) and it will analyze it for you, and provide an instant accompaniment. Not anything I'd use on a gig, but fun and educational.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Archived