Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Exp 50 for Hammond SK

Octopus

Hi

Is Exp 50 a great swell pedal or may I use my old Boss FV 300L instead and save some money?

What can Exp 50 do that Boss FV 300L cant do?

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Boss EV5 is sucking big time when used with the SK1. The EV5 works fine with my Electro, but for the SK1, the scaling is terrible. The volume curve is not smooth, and so it's difficult to get any nuance from it. I'll probably spring for the Exp50, though $212 is kind of a bitter pill.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Sheesh, $200!!!???

Get the FC7....25% of the price, and works great.

Well it can't be worse than the EV5 for this purpose. Tony's using it and says it works great, that's encouraging. But the EXP50 is calibrated for the SK, so I gotta believe it gets it exactly right. This is no trivial matter. I would definitely pay extra to have the best expression pedal. $163 extra . . . I dunno.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I just picked up an FC-7 today, and the improvement over the EV5 is unbelievable. I'm using it for volume fades, and it's amazing how smooth it is. For the record, it's controlling my S70XS, so being Yammies they play well together.

I have the EXP100 for my XK3c, and if I was going to do it again, I don't think I'd spend the extra cash. I usually fire up the Leslie from the XK3c, not the EXP.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I copped an EXP100F as part of the package when I got my XLK3 lower manual. It's built like a tank and of course its curve is optimised for the Hammond. But the truth is, you can buy two FC7s and have a spare and still save an appreciable amount of money. I used an FC7 with the XK3 on its own and it worked very well.

The EXP100F has two other advantages. One is negated in the 50, as it doesn't include the Leslie speed kick switch. The other, being able to mount it directly to a Hammond XPK pedal board, is relevant for only a few prospective purchasers, I suspect.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Tnhx for the answers.

Im gonna but the exp 50 anyways. Because today I sold my Nord Electro 2 together with Boss FV300 L for 1297 USD. Good or bad price?

No use for NE2 when the SK2 arrives... I think.

I just hopes and wishes that the Rhodes in SK is just as good as in NE2.

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

Archived