Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Wendy's Burgers

stepay

I don't know if it's me, but when I eat a really good, juicy burger it's like a damn B12 shot. I swear I can feel the strength coursing through my arms the minute I taste the blood.... I almost feel like I can rip a phone book in half.

Hmmm....

Regards,

Frank

www.frankperri.com

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Joe, vacuum sealing meat is the way to go. I never made the investment in that setup. Usually, the meat I put in zip lock bags doesn't stay in there very long. I guess that as good an excuse I can come up with right now!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The only problem with buttered buns is if you google it you may lose your appetite. The urban dictionary definition turns up first, which is a testament to something, no doubt.

But, back to burgers ... I'm gonna rant. I really wanna rant. HOW COME you can't ever find a good 1/3 lb or 1/4 lb burger on a restaurant menu any more? It has to be 1/2 lb or MORE! That's just too damn much meat. I like the whole package, in good ratios. Swiss & shrooms, carmelized onions, etc. Maybe a bit of lettuce, maybe not. Ketchup, definitely; maybe some stone ground mustard. And a nice thick bun. I don't want 90% meat and a thin slice of wimpy wet bread, or something too big to fit in my mouth! (And nobody who knew me well ever said I had a small mouth.)

I'm just sayin' ...

Why does every restaurant think we want a huge lump of ground beef?

OK, rant over.

Whatsishere sauce ... yeah, that too.

Because the fatties keep buying them.

There are some places that do have smaller burgers. Fuddrucker's (be careful how you say that!) has 1/3 lb burgers. I'm sure some local places I've been to are that size or smaller. A local-ish chain, Pappa's Burgers, will split the burger for you so you can more easily share it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

There are some places that do have smaller burgers. Fuddrucker's (be careful how you say that!) has 1/3 lb burgers.

Yes... one of my favorites. And for some reason, I like their 1/3 lb better than the 1/2 lb. Besides 1/3 being enough for me, there's something about that size that seems to cook better. We discussed Fudd's in another burger thread here a while back, and it didn't occur to me then that possibly some of the disagreement about them could have been partly based on what sizes people had tried!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

. . . dash of worcester sauce. . . .

Can you buy that anywhere or do you have to go to Worcester Massachussetts?

Oh we are so cruel in this forum :evil:

Yeah, I've had worcester sauce before. It just tastes like something's missing. :idea:

Ah yes. I meant worcesteresterstershire, of course.

Yeah, I've had worcester sauce before. It just tastes like something's missing. :idea:

Ah yes. I meant worcesteresterstershire, of course.

Oh come now, it was a good joke, no? :D

Yes, that sauce tastes like it's missing the Shire.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Even if Worcester Massachusetts had a steak sauce, I'm sure it would be too expensive. ;)

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Even if Worcester Massachusetts had a steak sauce, I'm sure it would be too expensive. ;)

Mike T.

Hey now, Worcester is a cool town. They have one of the best concert arenas in Northern NE (outside of Boston). I saw Iron Maiden there back in the 80's, G'n'R in '91, lots of smaller acts too - many, many fond memories. :thu:

Even worse... peanut butter on a burger. :sick:
Dude, you have not lived until you've had a Sticky Monkey Burger, peanut butter, banana, and bacon! :thu:

http://hubcapgrill.com/

The Greek and muffuletta are awesome as well.

Not burgers, but Tubby Dog in Calgary serves up some pretty out-there creations. I've never actually been, but a few of their recipes have been imported to a local venue, where I've sampled a PB & J dog topped with Fruit Loops. Surprisingly good. :)

My wife has taken to ordering Garden Burgers (vegetarian) with bacon, I kid you not! :D

Are you saying Wendy's has a veggie burger?! I don't go too often, but that could sway me...

But, back to burgers ... I'm gonna rant. I really wanna rant. HOW COME you can't ever find a good 1/3 lb or 1/4 lb burger on a restaurant menu any more? It has to be 1/2 lb or MORE! That's just too damn much meat. I like the whole package, in good ratios. Swiss & shrooms, carmelized onions, etc. Maybe a bit of lettuce, maybe not. Ketchup, definitely; maybe some stone ground mustard. And a nice thick bun. I don't want 90% meat and a thin slice of wimpy wet bread, or something too big to fit in my mouth! (And nobody who knew me well ever said I had a small mouth.)

I'm just sayin' ...

OK, rant over.

Man. 1/2 lb? Really? :sick: McDonald's recently introduced 1/3 lb. burgers here. Most of what I hear is that it's almost too big to finish. I'm not sure what size other places run, but I think the only chain that seems to have patties that big is A&W.

When I my school had a layover in Houston on the way to Nicaragua, we were astonished by the size of the food and the people. Canada isn't great, especially not Alberta, but holy sh*t. There's no control.

Personally, poutine is my fast-food of choice. There's just nothing quite like it. MM-MM GOOD! :thu:

I don't know if it's me, but when I eat a really good, juicy burger it's like a damn B12 shot. I swear I can feel the strength coursing through my arms the minute I taste the blood.... I almost feel like I can rip a phone book in half.

Hmmm....

Regards,

Frank

There is BLOOD in your burgers?? :poke:

I'm just sayin' ...

OK, rant over.

Man. 1/2 lb? Really? :sick: McDonald's recently introduced 1/3 lb. burgers here. Most of what I hear is that it's almost too big to finish. I'm not sure what size other places run, but I think the only chain that seems to have patties that big is A&W.

When I my school had a layover in Houston on the way to Nicaragua, we were astonished by the size of the food and the people. Canada isn't great, especially not Alberta, but holy sh*t. There's no control.

Personally, poutine is my fast-food of choice. There's just nothing quite like it. MM-MM GOOD! :thu:

By "restaurant" I meant to exclude fast food :laugh:

You're right that there are plenty of fast food burgers that aren't to big. As disgusting as it may be, I loves me some fast food. When I see those golden arches I get a serious craving for a Big Mac and some fries, but I try to resist, so I eat fast food about twice a month.

You're also right about the portion sizes in most restaurants here in the US. It's embarrassing. Fortunately I like leftovers, and get 2 meals per restaurant meal.

I guy I once worked for was part of a party entertaining an embassador of sorts from China (don't remember his official capacity, not THE embassador, but some lofty position relating to trade). They ate at Ruth's Chris steak house, which is notorious for huge selections. They have a tray where they show them. The biggest item is a 64-oz steak. The bigwig took a look at that and said that at home that would feed a family for a month.

Occasionally I get coupons from Burger King. I've tried a few varieties of their sandwichs because of its buy one get one free coupon. Their burger patties are really thin and I can't imagine paying regular price for any of their food. The last time I got a book of coupons from them, I tossed them in the rectangular file.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Occasionally I get coupons from Burger King. I've tried a few varieties of their sandwichs because of its buy one get one free coupon.

Can I just get the free burger?

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

by Synthoid:

Can I just get the free burger?

That's about what they're worth too. I like Mac Donalds Quarter Pounders with cheese when I do need a FF Fix.

You guys that have been commenting on Wendy's improvement may lead to me making a pit stop next time around. :thu:

Cheers,

Mike T.

My biggest issue with Wendy's is that I have never, ever, ever gotten a hot burger there. Always lukewarm to outright cold.

:thu: 100%! Once i found ice cubes in their chilly :evil:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I don't think I have ever had anything but a hot burger from Wendy's. In my area they don't even come off of the grill until you order it.

What I do have a problem with is the cheese on a McDonald's burger. It is a dark mustard color and taste like it is mostly oil and byproducts. That is why I don't buy Quarter Pounders any more.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived