Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Wendy's Burgers

stepay

I've been buying ground buffalo for burgers lately.

Bison is free range - they can't live on a feed lot, and neither can sheep. Bison and lamb are the only red meats we eat, and I can say for certain that bison tastes like beef used to taste when I was a kid.

Here for the gear.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I eat fast food maybe once every 3 months, unless you include Subway, then prob. more like once a month.

Don't mess with the buffalo if you know what is good for you!

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

I knew a Moslem friend back in the 80s who used to order pizza toppings that way, sorta..... pig, cow, etc. ha ha ha

:facepalm:

I don't know about Moslems, but Muslims don't eat pork.

I had the same initial reaction, drawback, but then checked the Merriam-Webster site, and lo and behold:

Mos·lem

Definition of MOSLEM

variant of muslim

Go figure. ;)

Edited to add: apparently the spelling used above is sometimes used as a pejorative; if that's the case here, then I've got no respect for it. It might just be a typo, or a regional thing, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt in this case... ;)

Even worse... peanut butter on a burger. :sick:
Dude, you have not lived until you've had a Sticky Monkey Burger, peanut butter, banana, and bacon! :thu:

http://hubcapgrill.com/

The Greek and muffuletta are awesome as well.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

P.S. Luckily for us Texans, Whataburger is open 24 hours when we need that late night fix, and they are all over.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Dude, you have not lived until you've had a Sticky Monkey Burger, peanut butter, banana, and bacon! :thu:

Um... no thanks. I'll just have a dogfish. :laugh:

http://phillybeers.com/philadelphia_beers/dogfish.jpeg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Even worse... peanut butter on a burger. :sick:

http://hubcapgrill.com/

The Greek and muffuletta are awesome as well.

Banana on a burger??? :sick:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Arby's used to butter their buns. Not sure if the still do. Some places have a machine that you drop buns in. They go over a roller that butters the bottom and then slide through a toaster. Lots of mom and pop burger joints butter them and toast them on the grill.

Me, I put a little butter in a non-stick skillet and toast my buns that way. Great base for a club.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I don't go to burger joints too often. I'd rather know what is ground up in the burger. I fear that burger joints that sell their stuff for low prices use things in their burgers that I wouldn't use in mine.

I usually go to Wegmans and buy their 90% lean ground beef, cut up white onions, use course ground pepper, mix and make into patties. Its only $2.49 a lb in a club pack (over 5 lbs) and its great stuff for the price. I freeze them and put them in zip lock bags.

I don't put butter on my buns, but I know a few girls that I wouldn't mind trying that out on sometime. :/

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I freeze them and put them in zip lock bags.
If you're not vacuum sealing your meat, you're doing it wrong. :cop:

I saw some TV show about burger's and burger joints around the country. Some places in Wisconsin actually put a chunk of better on top of the burger. I think Culver's may have originally done that and switched to just buttering the bun.

Punkin ale is just the beginning. You should taste their limited release ales brewed at the pub in Rehoboth, DE.

:thu::thu:

Next time you go down there get ahold of me. I'm about an hour north and I love going down there.

RE: burgers and/or beef, the last 2 years we've bought a half a cow from our high school FFA program. Free range, grass fed, all natural. It's wonderful. The hamburger is pretty lean, and the burgers I make with it are the only ones I'll eat less than well done.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Gross. Fast food is my bane. Especially since I discovered my food allergies and I'm now on the road a lot. If I never eat another McDonald's chicken sammich that would be fine by me.

I've been buying ground buffalo for burgers lately. If you over cook it, it am be quite dry but it's very tasty and lean. For everything else (burritos, lasagna, anything that calls for ground beef) I use ground turkey. It's much better tasting, IMO and no nasty grease.

We NEVER buy beef to consumption at home...skinless chicken breasts, ground turkey, and fish mostly, and once in a very great while some pork. I eat beef probably two times a month in the form of a fast food burger somewhere...a simple pleasure that I allow myself only occasionally.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Punkin ale is just the beginning. You should taste their limited release ales brewed at the pub in Rehoboth, DE.

:thu::thu:

Next time you go down there get ahold of me. I'm about an hour north and I love going down there.

OK, Dan... might be awhile since it's a long drive from Lancaster, but I'll let ya' know.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

We had a What-a-Burger here for a while. They built a new building for it and everything. Lasted about 2 years, then went out of business. The building's still empty.

I prefer the burgers I make. I'll use ground chuck, then mix in some Soy Vey Island Teriyaki or Soy Vey Very Teriyaki. Break out the George Foreman Grill and cook them up. Yum!

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

. . . dash of worcester sauce. . . .

Can you buy that anywhere or do you have to go to Worcester Massachussetts?

Oh we are so cruel in this forum :evil:

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

I understand that we need to eat more fruits and veggies, but will an occasional cheeseburger kill you?

My wife and I try to eat healthy and all that... cut down on the cholesterol, lower the blood pressure..... but we are both HIGHLY CARNIVOROUS ANIMALS, and it's hard to go against our nature!

Archived