Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Little Phatty tuning...

DanS

A some of you may know, I scored a Little Phatty last weekend and am in the process of incorporating it into le rig.

One thing I noticed, is that it doesn't seem to 'boot up' in tune. I realize there's a warm up time, but last night the final resting place for the tuning knob was at about the 1 o'clock position, which I found weird.

Just wondering if this is normal, or should I consider getting it calibrated....

Grazie.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U must warm up ca 15 min.

Then listen if the both osc work at the same freq. Just go to calibration preset and raise some level at osc2 and listen.

The both osc lives their own lives...

Always do a calibration when bought a analog synth, because of the temperature in your room, it is not the same as in the factory.

It is very easy to do a tune calibration on phatty! It is not a dangerous thing. After that u will do a freq 2 calibration!! First factory reset and update the latest firmware!

Then u can play Tom sawyer!

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

Alright so leaving it in Autotune mode will (after suitable warm up time), get me to a non-volatile pitch?

Thanks guys.

BTW, if one was to, say add a Slim Phatty as a complimentary piece to the LP, does anyone know if it's possible to have 1 voice on the LP, while triggering a different voice on the Slim?

Or do you just get duophony by adding a Slim...?

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Hi DanS.

The tuning knob on the bottom left - isn't responisble for calibration. Once the ocs are calibrated, and if needed, you can tune the whole synth to match the overall tuning of your setup, with the rest of your keyboards.

The thing to do is that once you calibrated the phatty and it's in tune - you can disable that knob so that it won't turn accidently.

Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

Archived