Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

moog filters

zahush76

I noticed there might be a difference between the voyager's filter and the phatty's.The phatty has four filter modes: 24 db, 18db, 12db and 6db.

I tried looking for info about wether the voyager's filter can do the same.

Does anybody happen to know if it can?

Thanks

Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Voyager has 2 filters, each is selectable as 1,2,3, or 4 pole (See page 54 Voyager manual). :thu:

Also, the filter section can be selected as dual low-pass or high-pass/low-pass.

That is friggin good news. I thougt upgrading from a phatty to a voyager meant giving that feature up.

I really use the 1 pole filter a lot. It has a rough, raw flavour that is almost overdriven without using the overdrive (if you cranck up the resonance a bit, that is).

Yup, same for the Voyager, it's found in the edit menu with other functions that are not on the front panel. Cool, it would be pretty bad if the setting was global.

I am new to the Voyager, so I am learning the OS. The pot mapping seems to be a very powerful area of the OS as well.

Dude--fret not. Get the Voyager.

I will. But as i wrote in another thread - i can't decide which one. The voyager keyboard or the voyager RME.

I've always dreamt about a minimoog since i was a 15 year old teenager listening to yes, ELP, gentle giant and the lot. There is something very appealing and magical about "owning" a full blown voyager that has both the sound and the looks.

But on the other hand, each time i listen to another SEM demo

(such as):

sem demo on soundcloud, multitracked

or

[video:youtube]

i start thinking that for the same $$ i could sacrifice the "looks" and egronomics in order to get one of those.

So it's having the "ferrari", or just the engine of the ferrari plus the SEM PRO.

Right now i have the $$ just for one of the options, and i don't know if i'll have a chance like this in the future. This goes both ways. I don't know if i'll regret buying only an RME version when i had the chance of buying the keyboard - and i don't know if i'll have a chance buying the SEM in the future.

And, (sorry for saying this. don't mean to hurt anyone) Tom's 75, and i sure hope there will be a lot of future ahead, but you get the picture.

I can't make up my mind - and if i want the SEM i need to pre-order it pretty much right now.

Well as has been mentioned in the other thread, on the RME there is definitely a disconnect between having it in a rack, and having the unit right in front of you attached to the keyboard.

I too had been contemplating selling my RME for a Voyager keyboard, but decided it just wasn't worth that much money to me.

I 'compromised' by buying a used Phatty, and I have mounted the RME directly above the Phatty in my studio, so I now have the feeling that they are one mini-modular setup(obviously they're midi'd together as well).

The added bonus is for gigging out, the Phatty is a lot lighter, and a smaller footprint onstage, while the RME gets to stay safely at home.

However, if you have to sell your Phatty to buy the Voyager anyway, and you're going to keep it at home most of the time, I would buy the Voyager keyboard.

One other thing, don't forget to budget for a decent delay pedal as well.

I just ordered an MXR Carbon Copy off Ebay.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I've always dreamt about a minimoog since i was a 15 year old teenager listening to yes, ELP, gentle giant and the lot. There is something very appealing and magical about "owning" a full blown voyager that has both the sound and the looks.

You've answered your own question concerning which one to get. If you've always dreamed of having a mini, then get the Voyager. You won't be happy with anything else. It's worth it. Trust me.

Archived