Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MOX6 audio interface

David Loving

I am looking at an MOX6 and the specs say it has an internal audio interface. I thought all synths have an audio interface so whatever their internal software is can be heard outside the synth's case. Does this audio interface work with 3rd party software like from my computer? Like my audioboxUSB that is connected to my mac? I'm just new to the software world and wondered if this is a feature that would help me not have to hook up an outside audio interface if I use the MOX6 as a controller. Thanks in advance
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like my audioboxUSB that is connected to my mac? I'm just new to the software world and wondered if this is a feature that would help me not have to hook up an outside audio interface if I use the MOX6 as a controller. Thanks in advance

Yes; for all intents and purposes, the MOX6 has circuitry within it that allows it to function exactly like your audiobox. You plug a mic, guitar, etc. into the audio inputs on the MOX6, and your computer to the MOX6 via USB, and your DAW will see whatever is coming into the MOX6 directly.

Not all Very few synths have this capability, especially at this price point. It is a fairly unique feature (and a strong selling point) for the MOX series.

Archived