Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

These guys just one-upped your X-Stand.

MAJUSCULE

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300211_184888914918356_118035151603733_495806_6859861_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306889_195368873870360_118035151603733_526731_738890031_n.jpg

This is real. Very shitty local band. Not just because of the all too real ironing board. It's only a MicroKorg, but still. :laugh:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been there, done that, but mine was a VINTAGE ironing board handed down from my grandmother, and like most vintage boards had more character and vibe than the modern digitally designed pos. lol. Oh and mine was sawn off. At least as solid as anything churned out by Quiklok.

Keys: Hammond SK2, Hammond SK1, Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Waldorf STVC

Amplification: Line6 L3T, Yamaha DBR-10, Presonus Air 10, Leslie 122V

Years and years and years ago I had a bar gig and when I got to the gig I realized I had left my keyboard stand home and ended up using two bar stools as a keyboard stand. One on the left, one on the right and I just laid the keyboard across them both.

Actually it worked pretty good.

I forgot about that until the ironing board photo.

Anyway - use what you can to get the gig done!

Regards,

Frank

www.frankperri.com

holy cow... I used to rehearse at a space that had an ironing board for a kb stand. But I was 16 back then..

Well, maybe these guys are going for a DIY look.. Otherwise I refuse to undestand why not use a proper $20 stand...

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

holy cow... I used to rehearse at a space that had an ironing board for a kb stand. But I was 16 back then..

Well, maybe these guys are going for a DIY look.. Otherwise I refuse to undestand why not use a proper $20 stand...

These guys look to be about 16 too...

Can't fault them for doing what they have to to get by. It probably gets a lot of attention. "Hey look, they are using an ironing board!"

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I prefer an ordinary X-stand. At least it doesn't go "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH" like an ironing board does when it gets set up or folded up.

Hmmmm......my X-stand does.

One of my X-stands started doing that too, about a week before the main bolt sheared in half on stage....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I prefer an ordinary X-stand. At least it doesn't go "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH" like an ironing board does when it gets set up or folded up.

NO SH!T. WTF. I spend 8-9 nights a month in hotels and use their ironing boards. EVERY IRONING BOARD IN THE WORLD MAKES THIS SOUND! They must have spent millions engineering this into them.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

When I first started out I had a Cordovox CDX and an Arp Strings Ensemble. I had no stand for the ARP and would put it on whatever was available. I never thought of an ironing board but I used many a bar stool, chair or table.

I was a kid, it was rock n roll, it didn't matter.

I don't miss the CDX but I GAVE away the ARP to a friend when I went off to work for a living. I miss it now.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Isn't it obvious these kids are

1. Having a blast;

2. Sending up the fact that it's an ironing board by decorating it, because they think it's campy or funny;

3. They're kids, it's rock n roll, it doesn't matter.

And I really take offense to the OP calling them shitty. Come on, Eric, you don't need to be so cocky.

I saw Pearl Jam on Austin City Limits the other night... and they can't even play their instruments or sing in tune. What's shitty if nobody cares?

victoria bc

Exactly, the next generation of pro's has to start somewhere.

I wished, in the early 70's I had the kind of equipment they do!!

My first band played through a 4 channel Peavey powered mixer and no monitors. The guitarist had a traynor amp with only the distorted channel working! I was playing drums on a really cheesy (cheap) set! We sucked but it was fun!

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

the next generation of pro's has to start somewhere.I wished, in the early 70's I had the kind of equipment they do!!
Word up! I think about that all the time

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

OK first band stuff? (OT) First one, the guitar player had a silvertone guitar where the case designed to stand on end partially open because the amp was part of the case. One input. One volume control and of course one tone control. It was a Herb Alpert clone band - no vocals. Guitar, drums, 2 trumpets and a trombone. Then we wanted to add some vocals so we got a Silvertone Twin 12! 2, 12" speakers. 2 channels. Each channel had 2 inputs. So that was bit of a problem. Had 3 vocal mics, so two went in one channel. The third shared a channel with the guitar. That was tough to coordinate volume settings for the two different needs. Until we found a mic with a volume control!! :crazy:

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

OK first band stuff? (OT) First one, the guitar player had a silvertone guitar where the case designed to stand on end partially open because the amp was part of the case.

Wow! Brings back memories, that was my first guitar! My parents bought it for me for Christmas from a local pawn shop!

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

And I really take offense to the OP calling them shitty. Come on, Eric, you don't need to be so cocky.

Well, I've heard them, so... ;) Sure, I guess it's easy to shit-talk on here when I know they will probably never read it. But hey, have a gander yourself: Trophy Killer

And yes, I have heard shittier. Ah well.

P.S. Pretty sure that's a backlined amp rig.

This is real. Very shitty local band. Not just because of the all too real ironing board. It's only a MicroKorg, but still. :laugh:

Hey Eric be kind :laugh:

I am sure most of us started out beeing something like this band.

And some bands will have to be shitty if the rest of us are going to be considered as good :whistle:

C3 & 122, XK3C & 3300, SK2 & Ventilator/3300

Archived