Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: Logic 8 now appears to work in Lion

Aidan

Just upgraded to Lion after much dithering, but advent of iCloud and update of IOS devices left it a no-brainer.

Was expecting to have to bite the bullet and order a Logic 9 upgrade to go with it but decided to try starting Logic 8 anyway. Imagine my surprise when all seemed to be well.

Yes, a few AUs got disabled for not being compatible but nothing major. Just thought I'd spread the good news.

Before booting Logic I started up InDesign CS3 to test that (as it's my most important piece of kit for my journalism work) and that prompted me to download Java runtime software. Don't know whether the subsequent successful running of Logic is connected with this fact or whether Apple have relented and made some changes in 10.7.2, which is what I'm now running.

Anyway, thought I'd spread a bit of good news!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I've been using a workaround that I posted in another thread, where you launch the executable inside the package. I'll report back if the simple launch works.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I can confirm that this works! Thanks, Aidan.

I might still buy Logic "X" when it hits, but now I don't feel as much that I have to. That being said, MainStage is still being a little funny, like the Quit option doesn't work quite right all the time.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived