Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Oops---darn it!

ksoper

So sorry to hear that ksoper. I did the same thing to my right wrist last November. I had to cancel all my holiday and new years gigs. It gave me some time to really work on my LH bass lines, transcribe, and singing.

I wish you a speedy recovery but do not push it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch! Be careful out there ... or, in here!

I just slipped this morning myself. Was walking out of the shower into the BR towelling off and my foot slipped on the wood floor. Put a hand out to catch myself, and it lands on a moving box (still settling in) which slides out from under me and I take a roll on the floor.

And then my wife walks in and gets a laugh seeing me sprawled naked on the floor trying to untangle myself without exacerbating my rotator cuff tear.

Thank goodness for judo lessons as a kid that taught me to roll rather than smack when falling forward. That's saved me a number of times.

Good luck on mending fast! Yeah, work on that left hand.

Really sorry to hear of the injury - wishing a speedy recovery.

Hey Tom - your usage just then was one of the few times when the overused facepalm smiley really is appropriate.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Man, sorry to hear about that Ken. Looks like it should recover nicely though I'd think. The lesson here - fall on ANYTHING but your hands or arms. Your head is less precious than your hands.... :laugh:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

That makes two of us... two days ago I finished a twelve day stay in the hospital with surgery to remove my gall bladder and parts of my intestine. I have two large incisions in my belly that are very painful and I am out of action for 6-8 weeks.

From one recovering patient to another - get well soon.

Ouch! I kinda hate it when we have these threads. Get well soon, guys, and everyone else, stay healthy.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Worst nightmare. This suuuucks. So sorry. Here's hoping that the 6 weeks passes before you know it, and that your time away from the instrument helps to season your playing and rekindles an even stronger fire!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update...

The doc will release me to go back to my day job on 12/12. I'm in PT and the most difficult thing is mobilizing the fingers, not from the break, but from having been bound together for two months. I can't quite make a fist yet, but I'm a lover, not a fighter. I can, however, play comfortably with it.

I've accepted a gig on December 16th and I have a session on Monday. It'll be a pretty good holiday for me.

Sorry to hear that, hope you mend faster.

I did that about 8 years ago, working on the front lawn, watching this babe walk by tripped over a railroad tie. Stayyed layying on the ground until my neighbor got me a couple of vicodens and waited for it to kick. It was a meta just can't rember wich one but I didn't feel it. Xrays are layying around here somewhere.

Get better all the best.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Archived