Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Oops---darn it!

ksoper

http://home.comcast.net/~mightyb3/xray.PNG

Fell in my home on Saturday morning. Look straight up from the center of the wrist to see the 3rd metacarpal fracture.

Ouch, and damn. Six week recovery, they tell me. Sessions lost, show lost, out of work for at least a month.

Did I say damn?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch that sucks.

My 18 year old boy just spiral fractured the 4th metacarpal on his right hand hitting a defensive tackle. They had open it up and put in 2 screws. They could not get the spiral fracture to stay set. He wanted a hard cast on it and finish the season since he snaps left handed but the doctors said no.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Best wishes for a full recovery...need someone to burn in the Mini???

What compassionate vultures, we are. :laugh:

Hope the recovery time is less than you're expecting.... and I'll be happy to babysit the Voyager while Dan is burning in the Mini. ;)

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Ouch, dude! :cry:

Make sure you follow all the doctor's instructions for healing, and don't rush it. You want to make sure it heals properly, or you're subject to having a problem later in life.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I said it on FB, but I'll wish you well here, too, Ken.

Ken knows all about doctors! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ouch, sorry to hear that - get well soon, and +1 on Frank's suggestion re: LH stride practice. Good time to get that Carolina Shout going.
"You'll never be as good as you could have been, but you can always be better than you are." - MoKen

Ouch! That looks like a nasty break. Sorry to hear about your accident. Try and keep your spirits up and don't try and rush back to the piano, as that kind of injury just needs time to heal properly!
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Archived