Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steve Jobs

Paul K

I'm not usually one for posting the obit's. But this guy was pretty special. Hard to believe that one of the people who birthed the personal computer was only 56. Man, I'm such a piker by comparison.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44794300/ns/business-us_business/t/apple-says-co-founder-steve-jobs-has-died/?gt1=43001#.TozzdXKZaSo

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking to read, but not surprising. He has been ill for a while and looked pretty bad recently. My wife and I were just talking last night about how great it was that he took time from his job at Apple to - we assumed - be with his family as he probably didn't have a lot of time left and wanted to spend it with his family instead of at Apple.

I read that someone called him a modern day Leonardo de Vinci...I'll buy that. Invenor of the personal computer, mouse, GUI, iEverything...pretty much changed the world.

What will happen to Apple stock tomorrow...

I read that someone called him a modern day Leonardo de Vinci...I'll buy that. Invenor of the personal computer, mouse, GUI, iEverything...pretty much changed the world.

The person from history Jobs reminded me of was Thomas Edison. Edison essentially invented recorded music and film (to say nothing of the light bulb), and just ponder the impact of those. Jobs certainly "reinvented" recorded music, along with the rest of his technological advances. Like Edison, he was also familiar with failure, and was a great salesman and business man.

Well, I was planning on buying the new iPhone 4S anyway, but now it will be a bit of a tribute.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Archived