Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Return of the Fendertones -The best Beach Boys Tribute?

IndySteve

After several years off, the Fendertones have posted a new video on Youtube, a remake of the theme to The Monkey's Uncle.

Here's an earlier video they did - a rendition of Heroes and Villians

Whereas most Beach Boys tribute bands try to recreate the live sound, the Fendertones try to get very close to the studio version with remarkable success.

If you can find a better Beach Boys tribute, post it.

Come out with your hands up! I have a synthesizer, and I'm not afraid to use it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Amazing! Never heard of them, but they really nail it.

Having seen Brian Wilson live with his killer backing band, I can say that these guys actually do them one up (of course, these guys have ALOT more players). Impressive to say the least.....

Amazing. I wonder whether they can make any money, with such an elaborate show, so many players and singers. Taking that on the road would be pretty expensive.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Adan, I think the sporadic nature of their YT appearances probably answers your own question. That's a nice clean-looking Wurli on "Monkey's Uncle".

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Having seen Brian Wilson live with his killer backing band, I can say that these guys actually do them one up (of course, these guys have ALOT more players). Impressive to say the least.....

I've seen Brian Wilson, too, and I have to disagree. I prefer this version:

[video:youtube]

I've seen Brian Wilson, too, and I have to disagree. I prefer this version:[video:youtube]
+1

My older brother (may he RIP) was a huge BB fan, so I was forced to hear them ad nauseum and became all too familiar with their work. The Fendertones are pretty amazing, though.

Archived