Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Deep Purple�s �Pictures Of Home"

Tonysounds

Anybody have a transcription for Deep Purples Pictures Of Home?

Solo starts at 2:56. The lick Im having trouble hearing is at 3:15, is doubled on the second pass, and then transitions to the next phrase. No way Ill have this 2 handed cleanly for tomorrows gig, but I still would like to know what that lick is!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3KOtCOBsxk

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At that point in time it sure gets more than average complicated, the first run sounds like what I'd think a jazz lick (based on timing of the harmonics in the sound), the constructed slightly merry-go-round type of the rest of the solo I'm not sure I could play from a few times listening, and it sounds kind of mechanistically very accurate.

Just the first run.that will give me enough of a map to figure out the rest! Or just give me numbers based on the scale for the right hand (Ex: starting on B: 1-2-3-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-1 .) Or just record you doing a pass at it S-L-O-W-L-Y. I just need a couple good hints to put it together. Even slowing it down a whole step hasnt given me enough of a clue.

Why did I think I could learn an album of Jon Lord Master Class in a few days? Were performing the Machine Head album in its entirety tomorrow nite and while he never played the songs the same way a 2nd time, thats no excuse for me not learning one of the coolest licks on the album. SHAME!!!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I don't know... to me the best part of Jon's work is the amazing rhythmic playing during the song. We used to cover this song as well... The drummer loved the intro... He nailed it!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Archived