Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: The Invasion Begins

Synthoid

Stink bugs...

We didn't have that many in the house last fall and I've seen just a few outside over the summer, but today I've already killed over 12 of the disgusting "vermin" in our dining room.

It started with just a couple on the screen this morning and then they began coming in around the air conditioner.

:facepalm:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luckily the ones that's been infesting my neighborhood aren't stink bugs, little bastards are flying everywhere. I was cutting the grass yesterday and they were all over me, annoying bugs.
"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Earwigs. Last year was CRAZY. This year has been better, but I would rather not have them around at all.

For earwigs, I put boric acid (I think you can use BORAX) around any entrance point. That kills them. I don't know if it works for stink bugs. I am not quite certain was stink bugs are.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Yesterday was definitely the worst yet in Harford Co., Maryland. They covered the screens and doors and somehow got into the house. They were all over the siding and the roof overhang. I sure wish I couldn't smell them.

Have to vacuum them up before nightfall: they will hide until tomorrow.......

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

Welcome to North Carolina. :cool:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/05/millipede_harpaphe_thompson-300x235.jpg

http://www.dpughphoto.com/images/millipede%20lake%20crabtree%2032707%20kdg.JPG

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Imported ladybugs in my area. There were really bad at my apartment. No problems yet at my house.

We are probably talking about the same bug. The ones that invade us are imported by farmers to eat bugs, and look like ladybugs but are slightly bigger and a different shade of red.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Yesterday was definitely the worst yet in Harford Co., Maryland. They covered the screens and doors and somehow got into the house. They were all over the siding and the roof overhang. I sure wish I couldn't smell them.

Have to vacuum them up before nightfall: they will hide until tomorrow.......

Just to pass this along to help with their demise, I was told to make a solution of dish-washing soap and water in a sprayer bottle... heavy on the soap. When sprayed on the stinkbugs, they flail around for a moment and then drop to the ground. Seems to do the trick quickly without major toxins. I'm sure it would work just as well in a garden sprayer.

Better than having a stinky vacuum cleaner.

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Just to pass this along to help with their demise, I was told to make a solution of dish-washing soap and water in a sprayer bottle... heavy on the soap. When sprayed on the stinkbugs, they flail around for a moment and then drop to the ground. Seems to do the trick quickly without major toxins. I'm sure it would work just as well in a garden sprayer.

In AZ, we get bees that hover around water to bring back to the hive to cool it. We use the dishwashing soap spray bottle method to deal with them, especially around swimming pools.

Stink bugs...

We didn't have that many in the house last fall and I've seen just a few outside over the summer, but today I've already killed over 12 of the disgusting "vermin" in our dining room.

It started with just a couple on the screen this morning and then they began coming in around the air conditioner.

:facepalm:

Synthoid,

Well the "good" news is that they are now an ag problem, at least in Jersey, so that will garner research funding for their hopeful eradication!

Regards,

Joe

Archived