Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'll believe it when pigs fly...today

Mark Zeger

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foo Fighters covering In The Flesh with Roger Waters!).

That is gonna be so cool.

The Foo love doing covers. I saw them a couple weeks ago in St. Paul and near the end of the show, they did Tom Petty's "Breakdown" and Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down". I also enjoy their version of "Baker Street". :thu:

(After they played "Breakdown", Grohl said something like, "Every young rock singer wants to be Tom Petty, 'cause Tom Petty is the coolest motherf***er in the WORLD!!!")

Stuff and things.

In fact, I like Foos better doing covers than their own songs.

I disagree. Grohl writes some really infectious hooks.

+1 To me all their albums are a hit or miss, IMO he either writes really good catchy songs or really utter crap ones, there's no in between. :rawk:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

In fact, I like Foos better doing covers than their own songs.

I disagree. Grohl writes some really infectious hooks.

+1 To me all their albums are a hit or miss, IMO he either writes really good catchy songs or really utter crap ones, there's no in between. :rawk:

Yep.

Whoa! Drove by Capitol Records in Hollywood today and saw a big pink pig on the top of the building with a vinyl sign wtih the word 'Floyd' hanging there as well. Now I know what the hell that was about.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yeah, the Foos covered "Cigar". They'll be performing "In The Flesh" on Fallon tonite or tomorrow with Roger Waters.

+1 Hopefully it'll be better than when they played with Corea.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I think Grohl is a better songwriter than Cobain.

Well that's true, because, you know, Grohl is, um, alive...

Sorry, that's in poor taste.

It's accurate though on all counts. Having had another 20 years to mature as Grohl did, who's to say what Cobain's songwriting would have been like. As Grohl himself said, he never brought songs to the band because what was he going to bring to better Cobain's songs?

And Kurdt had great taste in covers.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

It's accurate though on all counts. Having had another 20 years to mature as Grohl did, who's to say what Cobain's songwriting would have been like. As Grohl himself said, he never brought songs to the band because what was he going to bring to better Cobain's songs?

Wow, another band I'll never understand the appeal - Nirvana. Sophomoric bull IMO
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Wow, another band I'll never understand the appeal - Nirvana. Sophomoric bull IMO

Same way the Jazz/older guys didn't understand rock when it first started or the 60's generation didn't understand punk in the late 70's, rock history always repeats itself. I don't understand this new hardcore/emo/whatever you wanna call it scene either, guess cause i'm from an older generation. :thu:

Same way the Jazz/older guys didn't understand rock when it first started or the 60's generation didn't understand punk in the late 70's, rock history always repeats itself. I don't understand this new hardcore/emo/whatever you wanna call it scene either, guess cause i'm from an older generation. :thu:
Except that was supposed to be the music of my generation.....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Except that was supposed to be the music of my generation.....

Then i guess you were in the minority :D

I'll never understand the appeal - Nirvana. Sophomoric bull IMO

They were the antithesis to everything that was popular at the time. People were sick of C+C Music Factory and Warrant, so it was simply a case of timing. And, of course, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was an anthem for the disaffected. The band's ascent quickly had little to do with their merit as a band. The movement and the lifestyle they unknowingly created swallowed them up. Kurt became the "voice of a generation," and then he blew his head off. It was all downhill from there.

At Battersea Power Station this morning, Pink Floyd publicity for catalog reissue:

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/e3/9e37ed36-c260-543f-9db2-979ff269d51d/4e805bc55933e.image.jpg

Article

Cool. I might relent & get Wish You Were Here in surround. DSOTM is amazing (in surround).

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived