Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is anyone else here "over" drums?

Gruupi

Plus the One for Charie Watts. He was very active on the London Jazz scene for several years before joining the Stones & has a deep & very subtle understanding of groove.

We've just started a little country-rock trio - no drums - 2 x guitars & bass & vocals.

G.

Well, it was very well received last night at my regular Open Mic Night/Watering Hole - The Old Volunteer, Nottingham.

Pete was a bit nervous, and not being used to to PA/Foldback monitors, he missed the timing on a couple of occasions. However, it all went generally OK & was enthusiastically received by all the regulars & dinosaurs who usually turn up - nice words were said about my playing, which is always a heartening thing.

G.

We're off the ground in two weeks (15th Dec), going to my regular Open Mike night for our first public appearance. It'll be a first for Pete, out Lead Guitarist, who's a virgin (performer! :D ).

Numbers will be:

Take It Easy - Eagles

Mud on the Tyres - Brad Paisley

Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Lady Antebellum

I'll have a pal in the audience to tell me if the bass is too prominent.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really depends on the drummer you're playing with. When you're playing with someone really good, they make you and everything else sound better! Like you're floating on a musical cloud. But then again, when you play with a drummer who is not sensitive and doesn't listen, it totally kills the vibe. In general I think the musician is more important than the instrument.
David, Community Leader, www.sharemyguitar.com

Archived