Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lesson Audio?

dazzjazz

Hi,

I'm wanting to direct my students to some of the magazine's great lessons, but the audio seems to be missing. For example:

http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/boogie-down/1772

Also, it would be helpful to have the archive stuff there for older material...

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no links to audio in the text; presumably, there was no audio provided at any point in time.

I found that the images linking to the notation didn't work, if that's what you're referring to. I'd post something in the Keyboard Editor's Office forum (arguably where this whole thread belongs ;) ).

Hi all,

The Boogie lesson worked fine for me, though since we're now using SoundCloud, I'm going to upload those tracks and embed a player on that page. Oddly, I'd had a lot of requests for re-upping that very story, and this thread inspires me to put it in our newsletter tomorrow.

For the Wooten lesson, looks like the audio links didn't survive the transition to our new server and CMS. I'll put those on SoundCLoud and embed a player as well. Got 'em right here on my laptop.

Thanks for calling this stuff to my attention, as always. Managing this much legacy content online can sometimes be like scooping sand with a fork, so I appreciate heads-ups on stuff that's not working.

UPDATE - Done and done!

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived