Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John Jorgenson clinic

SEHpicker

Hot Damn! John Jorgenson is putting on a free guitar clinic at Quality Guitars - our local, mom & pop music store this Thursday night (9/22). I'm amazed that someone of John's stature will be spending 3 hours in this little backwoods, podunk town, sharing his knowledge.

If anyone in the Spring Hill, Fl. area is interested, there is limited space. call: 352 200 4851 to reserve a seat.

This should be special.

John is considered to be one of the finest Gypsy Jazz Guitarists around, but he's brilliant at just about any style.

I particularly admire his work with the Hellecasters. Listen to what he does with " Orange Blossom Special ". Amazing!

*Will Ray & Jerry Donahue are also great pickers that, along with John Jorgenson, make up the Hellecasters.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love John Jorgenson's playing! That'll be a blast, you're going to really enjoy that; I hope that means that he's going to be similarly appearing at one of my favorite guitar shops near here, as well...

I have and highly recommend the DVD, John Jorgenson Quintet In Concert; some great live renditions of Gypsy Swing and the like classics, standards, and JJ originals, all performed at the beautiful Teatro Olympico in Vincenza, Italy.

________________ http://johnjorgenson.com/images/DVDsm.jpg

I'll add that one of the finest tube-amps I ever plugged a guitar into was a Matchless JJ-30 John Jorgenson signature-amp; if ever any of you find one- and can even just barely afford it- buy it in a flash! (I still wish I had!) A fantastic variation on the classic Vox/Matchless theme. A Matchless JJ-30 and a Tone King Comet or Meteor series amp would be a killer two-amp combination of Vox and Fender "tweed" and "blackface" flavors for A/B/Y switching and combining!

:rawk::cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The John Jorgenson clinic was incredible. Brad Davis was with him and is equally talented. They are both sponsored by Takemine guitars. Just two guys with acoustic guitars. Man o man were they good. Only about 35 people there and John & Brad were as friendly as they could be. They'd play a couple of tunes and then answer questions, tell stories and then play some more. Brad Davis is a monster flat picker - he plays with Billy Bob Thornton's band among other things. He also does alot of music soundtrack work for feature films. Jorgenson just blew me away. Couldn't have been better.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Here's a link. Jorgenson/Davis clinics It's sponsored by Takamine so wherever the closest Takamine dealer is to you is probably worth checking out. John specifically said that they will not do Guitar Center, Sam Ash or the like. Just hometown, independantly owned music stores.

SEHpicker

Thanks! Glad they're focusing on small independant brick-'n'-mortar guitar shops. :cool: Hmn, only four dates and locations- none even remotely near anyplace even remotely near me...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived