Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What a day...

Boggs

First the good news: I was the only one to get a score of 100% on our first Surgical Technologies test. Go, old guy! Next, the bad... found out all I can do at this time is to do a temporary bridge to replace my four lower front teeth. Can't afford any more than that because my dental insurance will expire before I can get official clearance from the insurance company to do a more permanent fix.

Now for some potentially awesome news: Last night, I took a half-dozen guitars over to jazz player Melvin Hendersen and one of his students at Mel's request. They had a field day with them... So great to hear them in such capable hands... I got a note today saying he wanted to call me back last night, but it was pretty late and he knew I had a test in the morning and that he and his student are interested in 3 of them... :o PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that they follow through... I won't be getting any pay continuance after the 2nd week of October until I get hired again and that can't happen until at least after next May... I found out also that Mel is a good friend of Kevin Eubanks as well as many, many other world class players literally around the world. He will be touring in Europe very soon and loves how my guitars would travel... It would be the kind of break I needed at just the right time...

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cogratulations on the good news, best of luck with the potential good turns, and hang through the rough patch- sorry to read of the dental/insurance/financial bumps in your road...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I found out also that Mel is a good friend of Kevin Eubanks as well as many, many other world class players literally around the world. He will be touring in Europe very soon and loves how my guitars would travel...

Just hope that no one confiscates your guitars at customs for using illegal wood, even if it was attained properly.

Just kiddin'!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Archived