Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some random thoughts on hardware/software upgrades.....

Moonglow

I think the tipping point for me will be IF apple releases Mainstage for iPad, that would make me buy one, so I could use it instead of a laptop with my keyboard rig of choice. The hardware keys guys also need to write drivers for the iPad like they do for the computers so you can carry MIDI and Audio over USB from the iPad to their instrument. I hope all this happens.
Roland Fantom G6, D-70, JP-8000, Juno-106, JV-1080, Moog Minitaur, Korg Volca Keys, Yamaha DX-7. TG33, Logic Pro, NI plugs, Arturia plugs etc etc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the tipping point for me will be IF apple releases Mainstage for iPad, that would make me buy one,

The hardware keys guys also need to write drivers for the iPad like they do for the computers so you can carry MIDI and Audio over USB from the iPad to their instrument. I hope all this happens.

It will. This is where Apple and Microsoft developers have bank--rewriting existing software as tablets get more powerful. It's like rolling back the clock years for now (to 2003 anyway). The top end dual Core intel Atoms test favorably against Pentium 4s. The next gen of Atoms will get bench marked against the Dual Core Pentium Series from 2007.

We'll know tomorrow. Intel announced they are showing the new Atoms running Windows 8 on Intel and Samsung Tablets. Intel is entering the tablet business and their developer conference is held starting tomorrow -- as is Micrsoft's.

This could be the biggest flop in years ...... or the excuse to recycle every application from the last decade to port to Windows 8/Atom and get a 2007-era experience in an energy efficient tablet :) Smaller lighter retreads coming to your town in first quarter 2012.

Archived