Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Survey on Musician Income (semi-OT, I guess)

Joe Muscara

Because I "supported [AFM's] campaign to establish reasonable carryon rules on airlines," they asked me to complete this survey. They are trying to get as many musicians and composers as possible to take it, too, so I am spreading the word here. The survey is open Sept 6 - Oct 28, 2011.

http://futureofmusic.org/ars

Note that I have zero involvement with this survey, and that it's completely anonymous unless you want to enter some drawing at the end.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, just got mine in an email from the AF of M also. I suspect lots of folks here will be on that hit list.
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

If you've done the survey, do you find the questions slanted in any way?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If you've done the survey, do you find the questions slanted in any way?

I don't think they really applied to my situation of playing in a cover band. It was more about writing, producing, and selling your music and any impact from digital media and the Internet. I would say it was definitely coming from the perspective of the establishment music industry, unions, etc.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived