Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Piano OS - Long Release

Nillerbabs

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely fantastic - at first listen, this really adds a degree of subtlety to the pianos which weren't there before. And thanks to Tomas at Nord who was kind enough to send me a personal email telling me about the update.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

There is a Nord 88 piano near me that has been on CL forever. I have been tempted to go look at it.

So far, the CP5 has been my favorite but Nords are being offered out there for similar ( or lower) prices on the used and demo market.

A demo model just sold on e bay for 1580 dollars ( with warranty ) so the price is coming down.

It has probably been debated before but I am curious how the Nord piano compares to the CP5. They seem to be offering a lot of OS updates, which could be nice.

They seem to be offering a lot of OS updates, which could be nice.

Nord...

Continuing to increase the value of their products - at no extra charge. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Nord...

Nord: they charge you in advance :D

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

It has probably been debated before but I am curious how the Nord piano compares to the CP5.

The piano sounds themselves are a matter of personal taste, but I think most people would agree that the Yamaha has the advantage of having a better action than the Nord, along with having a wide variety of non-piano sounds; the Nord has the advantages of lower weight, simpler interface, and a wider range of different piano sounds (including the likely ability to load new ones into it in the future).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Nord...

Nord: they charge you in advance :D

:laugh:

Exactly!

Come to think of it, Apple does the same thing.

But what extras do they offer other than a computer that doubles as a kitchen knife?

KLONK FOR THE STORY!

[video:youtube]664H5FQPCCk

:facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Absolutely fantastic - at first listen, this really adds a degree of subtlety to the pianos which weren't there before.....

That subtle effect makes a huge difference!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived