Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

banned?

pinkjimiphoton

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been banned from the Les Paul board, apparently for offending whoever it is that validates memberships during that process, because i was never allowed on the board in the first place. My email address is my actual name and there'a real-life profile that goes along with it... weird.

It's alright, you're with the banned...

OK, are you referring to that forum being locked from being viewed without registration and logging-in?

If so, proceed to/through Before You Register -- READ THIS!!! > Procedure For How To Register At This Forum > http://www.diyguitarist.com/ForumEntry.htm

Please read this page before you register to be a member of this forum: http://www.diyguitarist.com/ForumEntry.htm

I will automatically delete the accounts of any obvious human spammers. Spam of any sort will not be tolerated at this forum.

Second, you MUST be registered to view any of the content at this forum. Since the time that I have re-instated the forum about two years ago, I am considering shutting the forum down again because of a lack of participation and/or interest. So if you want to keep it alive, please join and be active!

Thanks for wanting to visit my forum. Due to the amount of phony members spamming the forum, some email addresses have been globally banned - such as any gmail, yahoo and hotmail addresses because these are favorites of spammers and spambots. I'm sorry that I have to resort to these measures, but I get very annoyed that parasites can get onto my forum and try to promote whatever crap they are pushing and I only have so much time in a day to deal with nonsense like that.

Please be advised that I have a spambot mod in place that will prevent you from registering if you enter any other info besides a user name and password when registering. You can add all of the other information after I have activated your account.

If you have any other problems registering, please contact me. [ < e-mail link]

To enter the forum, Click Here.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It's alright, you're with the banned...

OK, are you referring to that forum being locked from being viewed without registration and logging-in?

If so, proceed to/through Before You Register -- READ THIS!!! > Procedure For How To Register At This Forum > http://www.diyguitarist.com/ForumEntry.htm

Please read this page before you register to be a member of this forum: http://www.diyguitarist.com/ForumEntry.htm

I will automatically delete the accounts of any obvious human spammers. Spam of any sort will not be tolerated at this forum.

Second, you MUST be registered to view any of the content at this forum. Since the time that I have re-instated the forum about two years ago, I am considering shutting the forum down again because of a lack of participation and/or interest. So if you want to keep it alive, please join and be active!

Thanks for wanting to visit my forum. Due to the amount of phony members spamming the forum, some email addresses have been globally banned - such as any gmail, yahoo and hotmail addresses because these are favorites of spammers and spambots. I'm sorry that I have to resort to these measures, but I get very annoyed that parasites can get onto my forum and try to promote whatever crap they are pushing and I only have so much time in a day to deal with nonsense like that.

Please be advised that I have a spambot mod in place that will prevent you from registering if you enter any other info besides a user name and password when registering. You can add all of the other information after I have activated your account.

If you have any other problems registering, please contact me. [ < e-mail link]

To enter the forum, Click Here.

All he has to do is set up a "spambot Question". Something like "What is 2+5?" and add that to the registration. That keeps out 99% of the spambots. Blocking Gmail and Yahoo and then complaining because of low membership, is crazy.

All he has to do is set up a "spambot Question". Something like "What is 2+5?" and add that to the registration. That keeps out 99% of the spambots. Blocking Gmail and Yahoo and then complaining because of low membership, is crazy.

Maybe somebody experienced and knowledgeable might send the guy a friendly tip or two... if they aren't too overworked already? ;)

Blocking Gmail and Yahoo and then complaining because of low membership, is crazy.

Don't forget Hotmail, too. Apparently in that alternate universe AOL is never a spam problem. All righty, so the .01% of Internet users not using Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail (i.e. free) accounts, y'all get over there & talk about DIY guitar stuff.

Scott Fraser

Several yrs ago HC blocked Yahoo accts, when Anderton's SSS forum moved there from here.

I only was "grandfathered" in as a longtime forum member.

Not sure what the current attitude is.

I think the, uh, thinking is that free online mail is less verifiable & less tied to a specific IP...but it's still silly.

d=halfnote

less tied to a specific IP...but it's still silly.

The IP has nothing to do with the email address. Your IP is specific to your ISP, unless you are using a proxy service. Your email address is just where you read and send you email.

Think of it this way, your IP is like your home address and your email address is like a post office box. When you sign up for a forum, it makes a note of your email address (for verification) as well as your IP.

So, they ban all of the poplar free email domains--what's really left other than using your ISP's email or work email? How much you wanna bet they'd ban me if I use my @tuskbuffer.net acct?

You've got the best guitar

You've got the best amp

Now get the best pick!

http://www.tuskbuffer.net

TuskBuffer Mammoth Ivory Guitar Picks

But don't ppl w/at home email provided by an ISP such as AOL linked to their computer IP ?

The IP is always provided and the same, regardless of what email you use. Your IP will register the same if you log in with Gmail, Yahoo or Bell South.

The email address is really only a way to contact you. It's the IP address that tells us who you are.

Maybe somebody experienced and knowledgeable might send the guy a friendly tip or two... if they aren't too overworked already? ;)

Do you have his contact info? If so, send him this link:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075&start=0

Do you have his contact info? If so, send him this link:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075&start=0

Will do! :thu:

It's a good thing to make the world a little bit better place, one little bit and gesture at a time...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............

dude....lol

i talked with the site owner. he bans ALL free email accounts. no yahoo, aol, msn,gmail or any other. if you don't have your own domain, forget it.

i was like...you're fuggin' kiddin' me, right?

no worries. he said it's pretty dead there. i wonder why...lol

I tried to register last night using my ISP email, and I was told I was a spambot, and my registration was refused. No wonder he's seeing low participation. His site is so secure, no one can join. Drag city!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived