Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Houston Area Peeps.... possible mini-hang?

EscapeRocks

Hey all. We are playing this Saturday, the 10th, at Scout Bar in Houston/Clear Lake (by NASA).

Would love to meet any Texas KCer's. Come on by if you're so inclined. We sound check around 6, then there's an opener before us. We hit the stage, downbeat @10. You may even get to see me play the keytar! LOL :cool::poke:

David

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom-08| Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really... arriving that afternoon, checking into hotel, then load in/sound check. Leaving next morning for Arizona and a long awaited vacation! :)

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

David

BTW, you will pass two GCs as you drive down 45. One is on the north side of town, the other is in Clear Lake and may be on the same exit you will be using. I haven't been to either in a while so I can't speak for selection they may have.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I hope to return to visit MD/DC/VA again to visit old college friends as well as MAKCFH friends as well.

I had a few places to take you too, Kevin. Hopefully someday. :thu:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I always find it odd that I'm the only active Houstonian on KC. I have seen others come and go though.

We had a blast meeting Dave and the band. On top of that, they did a killer show. If you're into Journey at all (or perhaps your girl is!) then I highly recommend checking them out.

Here are some pics, more on my FB page.

294869_10150368535524853_664374852_9938504_454493496_n.jpg

319211_10150368535749853_664374852_9938510_1110202995_n.jpg

321487_10150368536369853_664374852_9938528_1241679955_n.jpg

Yes, Dave sometimes betrays us and plays guitar during the set. Then again, sometimes the guitar player has to stand around during the songs that don't have much guitar, so I guess it's only fair. ;)

303098_10150368535959853_664374852_9938516_1198560145_n.jpg

303750_10150368536209853_664374852_9938524_5478142_n.jpg

Thanks Joe! It was great meeting you and Lori as well. Sorry it was such a short visit with our "hit town, leave right away" schedule.

Glad you enjoyed the show, and thanks for the pics. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you playing at some point.

Dave

David

Thanks Joe! It was great meeting you and Lori as well. Sorry it was such a short visit with our "hit town, leave right away" schedule.
Actually, that was more time than we get sometimes when people come to town to gig. You made a good effort to hang, and we appreciated that.

Glad you enjoyed the show, and thanks for the pics. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you playing at some point.
So close, yet so far, eh?

Actually, that was more time than we get sometimes when people come to town to gig. You made a good effort to hang, and we appreciated that.

So close, yet so far, eh?

Yes, exactly.

As an aside.... odd little venue. Great stage, bad location. I understand it used to be a more hoppin' place with another club and more shops in the same center. I heard their big location in San Antonio recently closed.

Despite that, they were first class all the way, and went above and beyond the contract we had, without us asking. I just wish for their sake they had better digs or I'm afraid that location may fizzle as San Antonio did.

All in all, though, it was a good time, and again, glad you guys made it. It is funny how one is very cognizant there's another KC'er in the crowd when you're playing :)

David

There used to be another club upstairs, but I don't know how much they overlapped. I don't know if there is anything else like that in the area, or if they have the advantage of being the only draw. At the same time, Bay Area Blvd (where the hotel was) seemed to be more hopping now. Things have changed a LOT on NASA Rd. 1 since I was last there. That whole "parkway" from 45 wasn't there before. I suspect it has made the commute easier, but may have hurt local merchants (like when they make a highway bypass a town).

I'm glad they treated you well. That's always good to find. I hope I didn't make you self-conscious or anything. I noticed you looking in my direction when I was taking pics of you.

Here's a video from the show. Too bad the audio is *really* distorted. You can get an idea of how good of a show they put on, though. :thu:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWoSpx2N85g

Archived