Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Weekend! - R U Playing Music?

ITGITC

USA Forumites, Happy Labor Day Weekend! - R U Playing Music?

Well... are ya punk? :cool:

What's the lowdown?

:snax:

OK, musos... Here's to ya!

And if you don't live in the USA, just pretend that you do... take Monday off and enjoy a beer or 10! :laugh:

Tom

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HR_1vvUq66w/TTq1vF0fm5I/AAAAAAAAAp8/af6SfpN6Eto/s1600/beer.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No gigs scheduled, just a couple of jams I could drop in on. Girlfriend is out of town. I really want to hole up and learn some new Jelly Roll Morton tunes. Or I might go on a bachelor binge. This will be a test of my discipline!

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I never book club gigs on holiday weekends, unless theyre outdoors; fests Ill take. Playing an Oktoberfest on Sunday with the 80s band, and a Polish fest on Monday with my PinkFloyd tribute. (RedKey is going to sit in with us on this gig, gonna be fun!) Hope the weather holds outI actually want to play!
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'm playing tomorrow night at Coconuts On The Beach in Cocoa Beach. That's the place with the highest percentage of miniature female swimwear of all other locations.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Tonight's gig was cancelled because the venue didn't have a license for the planned outdoor music show. They thought they could just set up a stage in a parking lot and serve beer.

Saturday is a 9-1 club gig.

Sunday's is a 6-10 outdoor show.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Got a fridge full of Michigan micro-brew IPA's. Low key jamming Saturday & Sunday night with some local musicians & friends.

Playing with Tony on Monday. That will be a blast. Dueling Voyagers! Electric Blue vs Mahogany Fire! Winner gets to decide which Voyager to take home until the next gig.

Should be a great weekend to have some difficulty remembering.

Tonight, earning some performance cred playing with the opening act for Rachelle Ferrell and Boney James. Then: decompress.

After that, I'm probably done with bands for a long while. I have limited free time as it is, and will focus on writing tunes, not just learning them.

-John

I make software noises.

Tomorrow's gig was cancelled because it's in an Irene disaster area... but we just got word that it's back on, they've lifted some of the travel restrictions, but we'll have to find a new route since the main highway we would take there is still closed. Then Sunday I have a wedding to play... I'm always surprised when people schedule weddings over holiday weekends...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

then 2 festival gigs Sunday (including Ribfest, which I love playing). :thu:
You know, I'm on the same 2 festivals Sunday....

Steady tonight, outdoor restaurant/bar gig tomorrow in a 'hip' part of town playing blues in an organ trio format. Fests Sunday, hookers and blow Monday

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Got 2 gigs this weekend, regular 3-set deal tomorrow night and we're the closing act for an outdoor car show on Monday.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

My Genesis Tribute Band: www.sellingfairfaxbythepound.com

Festival gigs this weekend.

Today . . . Arts, Beats & Eats with a large 10pc funk soul band.

Saturday & Monday . . . at the Detroit Jazz Festival. Yeah, its a good weekend for music in Motown.

No gig on Sunday . . . .but I'll be eating some nice smoked pig, fo' sho'.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Playin' on the Illinois river Sunday with Randy Crouch at Diamondhead resort, Tahlequah Oklahoma. Suppose to be cooler that day too, still in the 100's everyday here...Thinkin' 'bout takin' the Hammond CV also. I'll have my Nord compact and SV-1 as well.

No gigs I will be weathering a tropical storm and have been told to be on standby for the University, also..

but if the power stays on, ill play i my home studio :)

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I was going to say, "I'm always playing music." I mean, it's what I do.

But then I remembered I'm supposed to be getting together with my old guitar player on Sunday for a casual jam, so there will be that, too.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Festival gigs this weekend.

Today . . . Arts, Beats & Eats with a large 10pc funk soul band.

Saturday & Monday . . . at the Detroit Jazz Festival. Yeah, its a good weekend for music in Motown.

No gig on Sunday . . . .but I'll be eating some nice smoked pig, fo' sho'.

Which band Saturday?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived