Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig, forum technical issue.

Fumblyfingers

We are in the planning stages of new things to come. TBA :eek:

Aah great!! That's like saying "hey I gotta talk to you about something important!" and then saying..."on 2nd thoughts, never mind." :laugh:

Or the wife coming home going " Wow! We have some really exciting changes coming down the pipe at my company and several new companies we've acquired........ but I can't tell you. I signed an NDA!" :D

I mean, at this point I'm looking for my stash of Sodium Pentathol, left over from my days at MKULTRA. :cool:

@ George Costanza.......... I was just having this conversation yesterday when the guy at a company I called apologized because his computer was acting so slow. I said, even chugging along it's probably still faster than the computers we were using when they first came out. We had a good laugh.....I also mentioned howI loved the internet when it was first available and I had dial up....with one of the first modems. 28K!!!! Later I got a 56K one.....wooooo! What speed!

However, even though I now have a blinding fast cable modem, if that sucker ever slows down, I am fuming.

You are right though man. And I took no offense.

But then again.....why step back....the shit is supposed to work! :laugh: I mean, I pay good money for it to work!!! I'm counting to 50....if it has not corrected by then I'm calling them to credit my account for the time I am down. :sick::laugh:

Yeah, I was just pointing the problem out. I write too many words in my posts and I accent text a lot. The way it responds at those other forums is so convenient. I have a long relationship with Craig and he always is able to take care of little issues like this so efficiently and fast.

In fact, I actually was expecting to get a single reply from him saying....... Done! :laugh:

I did get a little snippy at one point for which I apologize....... I was tired and felt like it wa being suggested, without so many words, that I was doing it wrong.

But it's all good. This place is great, Craig is a super computer program fixer, tweaker etc and if he says it is more than just a twiddle of the knobs, that is good with me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies if the brevity of my responses offended you. I never doubted that you were competent and reporting a real issue. My logic; the forums system software we implement today has been in place for years. It contains several hacks I made to make things run, but I never touched the post/reply stuff. As browsers evolve, I am not surprised to learn that certain features of our current software do not preform as expected. Focusing my efforts on trying to narrow down which browsers/OS versions are having problems and then try to make custom hacks to the system (potentially creating issues for other users) is not the efficient solution. We know there is an inconvenient workaround, which is what I am suggesting for now.

Thank's for calling me out on:

Please be patient with the current system. We are in the planning stages of new things to come. TBA

I posted that in haste, but now that I look at it, I see your point.

Here's the deal: I have a vision and proposed plan for the future of our forum system (WYSIWYG editing, mobile apps.. etc). Several hurtles to jump, but I am confident we can make it work if the resources are allocated (not up to me). So I ask you again to please be patient and realize that my time is better spent moving things forward for everyone rather than fixing old problems for a few.

FWIW I get the jumpy screen too, where I can see only the letter I`m typing and then the screen jumps back up above what I`m writing. I never know when it`s going to happen and a particular single keystroke seems to start it. It`s not only this forum but it seems to happen more often here. Logging out is the only thing that stops it.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I think that jumpy screen thing happens elsewhere, too.

Plus, as I mentioned it's not at all consistent here or on particular networks or units I've used.

It might be helpful, even if it can't be "solved" if there were some indication of what might be the cause...

d=halfnote

Regarding the "jumpy screen thing", I did a search and found several complaints about this issue in a few versions of Internet Explorer, particularly IE8.

The solution seems to be enabling "compatibility View":

-Open Internet Explorer

-Click "Tools" on the menu

-Click "Compatibility View Settings"

-Check the box that says "Display all websites in compatibility view."

This seems to have corrected the issue for most users. I'm not sure if this is the same issue you guys are having but give it a try and let me know if that fixes it.

Regarding the "jumpy screen thing", I did a search and found several complaints about this issue in a few versions of Internet Explorer, particularly IE8.

The solution seems to be enabling "compatibility View":

-Open Internet Explorer

-Click "Tools" on the menu

-Click "Compatibility View Settings"

-Check the box that says "Display all websites in compatibility view."

This seems to have corrected the issue for most users. I'm not sure if this is the same issue you guys are having but give it a try and let me know if that fixes it.

Yep. That does seem to have cured it. Thanks, Craig. You 'da Man!

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Thanks, Craig. You 'da Man!

See, I told you he was good! :D:thu:

Yeah no worries Jim. Being as it is not just the flip of a switch or two, it is totally not a problem. I have actually been just re-highlighting like everyone else for a long time. I just now figured what the heck I will bring it up, maybe something got bumped and a piece of the code broke off and you guys didn't notice.

Thanks.

Archived