Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool jam session last Saturday

LeftyBlues

Got together with some folks and the old lefthander actually participated making music. Definitely the most fun I've had with my pants on in a long time but still recovering from staying up past midnight :D My good friend Dave the luthier has this cool A frame house that's just made for music, and his living room is setup with a 60's vintage drum set, various amps and percussion goodies. i brought my Carvin goldtop and the bass player (retired Navy seal, God love 'em)has his goldtop Epi bass. The corker was a friend from grade school playing sax, nothing like a horn to round out the sound. So that's my music report of late.

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I hate to say it, my playing isn't getting as many kudos lately as my voice. I rocked a local jam by singing a version of "Bullfrog Blues" a couple of weeks ago, and now it's all folks are paying attention to. The other night, I went to a different but very popular local jam, and they had so many pickers, they asked if I would just sing so they could get more people a chance to play that night.

Oh God!!!

[font:Comic Sans MS]I've become a...(gasp!)...LEAD SINGER!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/font]

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Hey I appreciate you fellers chiming in, I was afraid I'd started a death thread , one of those posts where everybody views it but goes "uh-huh" and moves on. You Pros have to remember that for some of us it's pretty rare to have an opportunity to click with other musicians which makes it double sweet. I jess keeps on playin' brothers.

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Well, with my "bullfrog" voice, it's unlikely TOO many people will invite me to be a lead singer (OR harmony singer) any time soon - or rather, they like it fine as long as I stay away from anything resembling a MICROPHONE!

So, Mike, now that you are a lead singer, do you need a guitarist in your band?? [JUST KIDDING!!]

You Pros have to remember...

"Pros"... HAHHAAHHAAHHAAHHAAHH!! :D:thu:;)

...for some of us it's pretty rare to have an opportunity to click with other musicians which makes it double sweet. I jess keeps on playin' brothers.

:rawk: As indeed you should; jam on, Lefty'! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Jam when you can, never take it for granted.

My band broke up in June, and I've been taking it easy. While I'd love to get into another band, it's got to be the right one, and I'm not rushing into it. I got a call the other week from a friend who's bass player got injured and can't make a show (possibly two). Had one rehearsal the other week, and another tongiht, then the show on Saturday. Not that I wish ill on the other bass player, but this is a fun band, and a higher level of talent than what I'd been used to. Great originals, and a couple of Ashley Clevend covers, too. Probably more fun than the last two shows my band had.

Again, jam when you can - it's always fund to play with high(er) caliber musicians.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Archived