Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quick review of Tony Franklin Fretless Fender P-Bass Special

Mark Schmieder

The one I bought was used. Instruments vary a lot. Always best to try first if you can. I did, but it simply didn't connect with me over time like I assumed it would.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am considering a lowball offer to see if the seller will take it. Would need to fix that crack, then... On the other hand I guess I would prefer a new instrument with a 3-year warranty ...

The Fender Fretless Jazz Bass I just purchased now has a 5 year warranty. You are right. It was certainly a selling point.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

My dad pointed out that the fingerboard crack on the second-hand one is situated right above the truss rod location. Could be coincidence but I will not place a bid on it. Rather sit it out a while and order new (and if possible, try before I buy).

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived