Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VB3-2 new build now works on first edition Hamichord

WheelHead

I actually liked the early build I had but Guido now has programmed and released for Hamichord only a quite tweakable (percussion, scanner, roto, leakage, more . ) that works on my earlier build Hamichord that I still like and have no intention of upgrading. Previous later builds needed the higher bandwidth CPU of the newer Hamichord.

Intended to try for a few minutes tonight but wound up jamming (loudly) for an hour or more and laughing using the Ventilator (build has a rotor turn-off switch) as the very good rotor sim (on previous releases) I have not had time to tweak and try.

Dialed the scanner just in as I wanted. Slider for tiny percussion volume adjustments too plus lots more.

I was the poster who as a minority had some issues with the VB3 1 and had a tweak of the B4II to many chagrins. Not this. ROF!!! and how he can get this with such a small file is quite baffling, imho.

Wheelhead

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the same version that's in the Mojo, do you know? Can you provide a recording of your Hamichord?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is this the same version that's in the Mojo, do you know? Can you provide a recording of your Hamichord?

I am going to be quite busy in the next couple of days but I don't see how I can't record something and fit into my schedule of the buildto get some idea

(I have to say again I have a disbelieving 'jaundiced-eye' when I play this to think of the modeling file being so small)

W

That Guido, he's a miracle worker. ;)

Indeed, H/S should fire all their workers and hire Guido. :evil:

H/S is not that business savvy... I could see Nord doing this. But I think that Guido has his own thing and likes to be his own boss. More power to him... Why become a corporate stooge anyway?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Man, I was listening to some of those Vb3 demos... and...

I was amazed by the quality of Phil Wilkinson's music.

Does anyone here know his work?

I sent him an e-mail and he said he doesnt know when this album will be released.

Those excerpts sound great!!!

Yeap. Reread Guido's email. This build of VB3-2 was finalized for the Mojo so no sound files needed. Just listen to the Mojo audio and video for those interested how it sounds. You tweak yourselve I am totally satisfied with the sound and tone.

Not as large as the Hamichord but the Mojo is way cool I might say IMHO

W

That's cool. I was just hoping to get *more* recordings of VB3 2.0. The Mojo ones sound great.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived