Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Steve Jobs resigns

ITGITC

KLONK

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apples CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly, I take that to mean he's not doing better in regards to his health. That's as sad as anything. :(

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah, this certainly appears to be bad news about Jobs's health. I hope things go as well as possible for him.

Apple seems to be in good hands with Tim Cook as CEO and Jobs as Chairman of the Board. Cook has kept the ship running smoothly during Jobs's past leaves of absence. But Jobs's vision will be missed once he's finally gone for good.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Apple has enough products in the pipeline for 3 years.

The problem with the existing products is a simple one: the pipeline is going to turn into commodity with Windows entering the field.

Microsoft finally has some space to play. Their market share in devices is so low and there are so many app/music/video/streaming stores opening (WalMart, DishTV, Google) the Europeans have to let them compete without the usual bundling blocking lawsuits that crippled Redmond for a decade.

XBox as a native part of the Windows OS home PC platform is 's coming. All of it is getting the bundling treatment. Prepare for bundling wars 2.0 in 2014 as Skype grabs crazy market share and its euro roots are forgotten.

It's all good for consumers. HP knows what they are doing. It's going to be a brutal low margin slug fest.

Apple seems to be in good hands with Tom Cook as CEO and Jobs as Chairman of the Board. Cook has kept the ship running smoothly during Jobs's past leaves of absence. But Jobs's vision will be missed once he's finally gone for good.

True regarding Job's vision, but there is now a well-entrenched corporate culture that will (hopefully) keep coming up with things we didn't know we wanted for years to come.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse...."

-Henry Ford

Apple seems to be in good hands with Tom Cook as CEO and Jobs as Chairman of the Board. Cook has kept the ship running smoothly during Jobs's past leaves of absence. But Jobs's vision will be missed once he's finally gone for good.

True regarding Job's vision, but there is now a well-entrenched corporate culture that will (hopefully) keep coming up with things we didn't know we wanted for years to come.

The company will keep on launching nice things and I'm sure there's a lot of people in there as visionary and capable of everything as Mr.Jobs... But probably Apple shares are going to drop after this announcement (seems that stockholders don't trust in the rest of Apple workers as we do...)

Anyway, anyone's health problems is always bad news, hope he recovers completely

Midijr (as you always will be to me), nice to see you have the class not to assume the persona of a dying man. Oh sorry, my mistake.

Or is that your idea of a tribute?

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Apple seems to be in good hands with Tom Cook as CEO and Jobs as Chairman of the Board.
Minor correction: It's Tim Cook. Tom was the guy who started this thread, but his last name is Henry. ;)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/08/25/139935243/as-apples-steve-jobs-steps-down-tim-cook-steps-up

Despite what I posted earlier, I do think that if Mr. Jobs' health was really poor, he would have left entirely or at most stayed on as just a regular board member, not chairman. I hope so for his sake. This could be a combination of things. He may have realized what's important to him is spending time with his family, and also that Apple is in good hands so he can reduce his role.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Joe, I'd like to think the way you're thinking but I suspect the truth is the man is terminally ill and his retention as chairman is a combination of window dressing to prop up the share price, and the entirely natural feeling of not wanting to let go of your baby entirely. That said, I do hope I'm wrong.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Joe, I'd like to think the way you're thinking but I suspect the truth is the man is terminally ill and his retention as chairman is a combination of window dressing to prop up the share price, and the entirely natural feeling of not wanting to let go of your baby entirely. That said, I do hope I'm wrong.

Agreed on all counts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm mixed. I could be way off. But, I've read some reports this AM that said that this was not due to a change or deterioration in his health. In fact, it was reported that he spent the full day yesterday at work at Apple, and it's expected (by some at least) that he will be an executive chairman one who is on the job every day. :idk:

Meanwhile, here's a look at Tim Cook.

[video:youtube]

Apple seems to be in good hands with Tom Cook as CEO and Jobs as Chairman of the Board.
Minor correction: It's Tim Cook.

D'oh! :facepalm:

Sorry about that, John ...er, Joe. ;)

I'll fix it above so my mistake doesn't get compounded any further if people continue to quote my post.

Thanks for the correction.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

yea ..its a health thing ..

You have too much of it and can't stand it ?

:)

Well... its kinda like Michell Jordan Or Mike Tyson

We no longer have real competition and got Boring.

P.SHey!! GregC happy to see you !! no more HC?

howzitgoing ? I manage to find entertainment on HC.

:)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived