Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A real ebay find!

JeffLearman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is for a document that gives the frequencies of all the notes to make your DX7ii sound as if it costs x10 more. NOT for the actual synth!

Wow, 7k? It's mine!

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Yo Yo MA!!!

Now lets see how many stupid people are out there...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

This is for a document that gives the frequencies of all the notes to make your DX7ii sound as if it costs x10 more. NOT for the actual synth!

Wow, 7k? It's mine!

Read it again

The starting bid is $7K

The BIN is $14K

Such a deal! I got a bridge I can trade him!

Wow, 7k? It's mine!

Read it again

The starting bid is $7K

The BIN is $14K

Such a deal! I got a bridge I can trade him!

Oh, thanks for claryfying things up, but HEY! i saw it first!

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Yeah, I noticed that. Based on his sales record, it's good stuff too. I bet it's a joke, in which case, HA HA. :laugh:

It's also possible the guy is intelligent, educated, and capable, and a nutcase as well. I've known more than one guy like that. One gal, too. I even visited her once at UMich hospital neuropsych ward. Scary place. There was a cute girl there who wanted to devour me, despite my nutty friend and the girl I came with (both cute as well), but I got the impression it would be an encounter I might not recover from. One of those rare occasions when I had the good sense to pass, and didn't even regret it later. Um, what were we talking about?

It's also possible the guy is intelligent, educated, and capable, and a nutcase as well.
If he's spent the better part of the last 30 years working on properly tuning and programming his DX7, he's most definitely a nutcase
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Rhodes pianos weren't stretch tuned from the factory. It doesn't bother me except when I'm playing it alongside a piano, with both at the top end of the keyboard.

Stretch tuning is used for two reasons. First is that human hearing seems to prefer it. The other reason is that harmonics tend to be sharp of the mathematical ideal because materials aren't ideally flexible (which might account for the first reason). When tuning a piano, the amount of stretch is often adjusted to minimize beats.

Archived