Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Earthquakes

Alchemist

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess there is a nuclear power plant at the epicenter using generator power to keep the spent fuel cool. Hopefully situation that goes well.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It was 30 miles from here, Richmond. I was buying groceries and leaning over the counter to get a bag when it hit. It shook me very hard internally because of the position I was standing in, and then the windows of the store rattled loudly -so everyone left the building. Lasted over 30 sec. in two waves.

I just heard that because of the geological age of the US east coast, the rock beds are harder than the west coast - so that the rare earthquakes we have in the east can shake and feel 10 times stronger than the same size earthquake in the west. I believe it. A few things fell at home, a picture, etc., no big damage. Hope everyone's OK.

I felt the floor shake & my desk wobbled a bit for about 10 seconds; I was like WTF (as they say online these days).

The first earthquake I ever felt!

It was mild, though. At first I thought maybe they were doing some construction in the building.

:facepalm:

Ahhhhhh, I remember those days in college; 1975.

She was a rather large woman with a rounded face. :blush:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Plus we got off lucky with the timing of the Northridge earthquake. If it had happened when the freeways were packed instead of 4:30 am or a month earlier when the Northridge Fashion Center mall was full of holiday shoppers, the death count would have been much higher.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I was in my basement and was thinking wtf is that dog doing upstairs (my Great Dane has a tendency to shake the house at times), then I realized it wasn't her, and thought that maybe my house was falling down so I high tailed it upstairs. By then it was over. My 55 gallon fish tank looked like someone had grabbed it and pushed it back and forth, and my pool had giant waves going on. Surreal!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

The Casio building here in northern NJ really rocked....I guess more like a series of waves. They evacuated the building. Nice to get outside on such a pretty day. :)

-Mike Martin

Casio America, Inc.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I felt the floor shake & my desk wobbled a bit for about 10 seconds; I was like WTF (as they say online these days).

The first earthquake I ever felt!

It was mild, though. At first I thought maybe they were doing some construction in the building.

:facepalm:

Ahhhhhh, I remember those days in college; 1975.

She was a rather large woman with a rounded face. :blush:

I didn't say I'd never felt the earth move, or made anyone else feel that way! :laugh:

Yeah i was at my brother-in-law's house and he was talking to his sister, her house had cracks on the walls and the roof gave in. Another buddy of ours was working at a best buy and said all the Tvs fell and pretty much everything inside the store. The only state that didn't feel it in the east coast was Florida, lucky me.
"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Yeah i was at my brother-in-law's house and he was talking to his sister, her house had cracks on the walls and the roof gave in. Another buddy of ours was working at a best buy and said all the Tvs fell and pretty much everything inside the store.

Where was this?

:freak:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived