Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bought a Korg Monotron

MAJUSCULE

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sorta both!! It's a lot of fun!

I purchased one as a gift for a band member, and it's really a lot of fun, and can create a lot of the same sounds as my MS-20 due to having, I believe, the same filter.

I've been told that it's much more playable if you use a stylus rather than your fingers to play it, since the "keyboard" is so small. And it has an audio in, right? So worse case scenario, you could still put that filter to good use. I've been meaning to buy one of those things, just haven't gotten around to it.

The Monotron sounds good.

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one to wonder, why don't they just take three of those oscillators, two filters and a couple of LFOs (one of each is already included in the Monotron), mount them on a nice panel with a couple of envelopes, a couple of mixers (pre and post filters) and a three-octave keyboard with wheels and sell it for $350?! Probably, for that price or a little more, they could also include a few amenities like waveform selection, sync, or even a few patch points to FM oscs and filters, etc. (like on their old analogs).

It would be a nice little monster, and a ton of fun. I wouldn't need MIDI or patch memory. :)

Archived