Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Belgian festival cancelled, five people dead due to weather

EddiePlaysBass

I used to go to this festival about a decade ago, but found that in recent years the focus of the attendees had shifted from the music to the ambiance:

Storm Hits Pukkelpop Festival In Belgium

3 tents collapsed, as did one tower and a tree. So far, 5 people are confirmed dead and almost a dozen are critically injured. Needless to say the festival has been cancelled.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just hit home: two of the confirmed deceased are a girl from my street and her boyfriend. I can't say I was friends with either but I knew her since she was a toddler.

My former band's drummer also went but he made it home safe and sound. I guess a lot of people I know as friends or acquaintances were there, so I am waiting for more news.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I'm sure folks heard of a similar tragedy last week in Indiana--stage collapse during a storm that killed five or six people. My daughter had planned to attend that show to see Sara Bareilles, but she decided not to at the last minute.

Prayers for the people of Belgium.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Oh, man. A sad enough event on it's own; but it really hits home when you can put faces to the names.

My thoughts are with you and the people of Belgium.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Archived