Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Used Keyboards Pricing Website?

larico

Hoping someone here can point me to a website where I might find out what used keyboards are going for out in the marketplace.

I have three keyboards that I am thinking about dispersing back into the hands of someone who will use them. I just don't play them anymore and would hope they would find a good home. I just don't have any idea of what they're worth.

The boards are an ARP String Ensemble, a Roland Juno-106 and a Roland D-50.

All are in fine shape physically and play just great. They all work and have no issues at all.

Is there a website out there that might be able to tell me what people are paying for these boards at this time? Do any of you know what the general going price is for any of these boards?

Appreciate any help you can send my way.

Richard

Korg Triton Extreme, Roland VR-760, Roland D-50, A&H ZED 12-FX, QSC K12s

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your best bet is to sign up on eBay and do a search for Completed Listings in your area... that'll tell you what current market value is for those.

Unfortunately the usual site for this, Prepal.com is no longer updated as often, so isn't useful for this sort of thing. :(

I'd also recommend checking your local Craigslist listings. San Diego pricing won't necessarily be the same as Nashville pricing, or Eugene, Oregon pricing. ;)

Sven and Outkaster, thanks for the info.

Since Sven put up a link, I went to Prepal, just to see. Kind of shocking.

The String Ensemble showed $467 avg selling price. The D-50 showed $378 and the Juno-106 showed $368 avg selling price.

I don't know what I expected but, I'll have to admit, those prices seemed low. Sven, I know you said it isn't updated as well as it could/should be, so I take that into account as well. But geeeesh, I guess I thought the prices would be a little more than that.

Is what it is, I reckon.

Thank you both for the website suggestions. Will give all the sites you guys mentioned a look and see how the prices differ from one to another.

Richard

Hey Outkaster, I'm not having a lot of luck with the site you suggested. Perhaps I'm not dialing in the right data.

In the "search" field, what would you suggest I type in there? The rest of the fields are pretty obvious.

Thanx.....Richard

I suspect they'll all go for more than that - in particular the Juno 106....if I had to just guess a number (I haven't looked for a long time), I'd say more in the $600-$800 range. The thing about boards like that is that it's a niche market and price depends on if there happens to be somebody looking. There could be 5 on eBay with no serious buyers, and they'll go cheap if you want to move them. Or there could be 5 buyers who have been waiting for a year for a Juno 106 to show up, and a bidding war ensues.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Yep Dan, points well taken.

I don't know what I expected, but it seemed to me that these 3 keyboards were/are not throw-away pieces of crap from the past. I know they have all been surpassed a million times over by the new stuff, but I thougth they might be worth more, just because of their history (if that makes sense!)

Maybe I just need to get real :confused:

We'll see what turns up in my searches for current prices. I'm not looking to retire on the sale, mind you, just a fair price for keys that have been well taken care of and might have a place in someone's collection.

Richard

Some used gears prices seem crazy. Roland SH-101 synths look to be bringing crazy money. I am having a freind of mine post one on ebay for sale. I never thought much of the synth. I got mine used for $50 at a guitar shop years ago. The only thing I used it much on was the lead lick on Funkytown.

But Korg Karma are selling locally for half the price of a SH-101. Personally I don't get it but I'm just a piano and organ player.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

In general, with the economy still sucking it is a buyers market for used gear. If you can afford to hang onto them, you will likely make more money, say a year from now.....but no guarantees. But it's a great time to be BUYING at the moment...

Sven, thanks so much for the info. Very kind of you to do that.

As I see these prices, it seems that the niche Dan had mentioned is very correct. Probably not too many people even care about a String Ensemble anymore. I can see that.

A little surprised at the D-50 dollar amount, as I somehow thought that one still had a little more pizzazz in the keyboard world. To some, maybe, to others, not so much.

The Juno - I seemed to remember, a while back, that one had a temporary uptick in the market. I think it had to do with a Madonna album that had used one on some songs, and it became a little popular again because of that (if memory serves me correctly).

This is kind of eye-opening for me. Makes me appreciate how much the value of this stuff changes over the years. We spend a fortune on our gear when it's new. And then, like a popular new car model, depreciation boulevard!

Richard

When the Jupiter 8 came out I wanted one really bad but couldn't afford one. .... I still can't. LOL

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I've seen some good condition D-50s (w. extra ram/rom cards) recently selling for $400 on CL. IMO I always feel that people will pay good dollars for used gear as long as it's rare, but even this perspective perplexes me, when I see mint Kurzweil K250s (original msrp $11000) only going for $500-800 nowadays :rolleyes::confused: !

This German site might help you: www.musicgear.de

My world: www.chriselkins.ca

Roland D-70/SC-55, Kawai K5000s, Korg Triton Extreme 88, Yamaha MO8, Yamaha SY-99, Technics SX-U90P 'Pro90'

"I've heard a lot worse!"

It's all sinking in :crazy:

But hey, I have a question - why would a Juno-106 be worth more than a D-50? Certainly, to me anyway, the D-50 sounds much better.

Is it because of the ability to easily program-create your own sounds with the front panel sliders on the Juno? As opposed to the D-50, which I remember as being a bit of a nightmare to write your own patches.

What do you guys think drives the prices difference between the two?

Richard

The Juno 106 is analog, and as you so rightly pointed out, is easily manipulated. You can stumble on sounds, unlike a D50 or M1 or DX7 where you actually kind of need to know something about synthesis and their architecture.

Plus, analog is very en vogue right now. I think it has to do with Hairy Balls.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Another site I like for getting info on synths is Vintage synth.com. Although most of the info is useful, I don't know how accurate their estimated values are. They list the Juno 106 at $450, the D50 at $400-$600, and the ARP as $100-$600. Again, I'd put the Juno higher, the D50 at the bottom of that range, and I have no idea on the ARP, but would guess $200-$300. Now it was an odessey, or better yet, a 2600, you'd be sitting on some cash.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Even when I buy current new boards and re-sell, I have a hard time getting even 50% of map price. Take for ex. a Korg SV-1, paid 1999.99 at Musicians Friend, now I can't get 999.99 for it. Heck I'd rather just keep the stuff than throw money away...

Hey Outkaster, I'm not having a lot of luck with the site you suggested. Perhaps I'm not dialing in the right data.

In the "search" field, what would you suggest I type in there? The rest of the fields are pretty obvious.

Thanx.....Richard

I don't use the search function much. I always search the NYS or Northeast.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Juno 106

D50

String ensemble

Dan

Hey Dan, thank you. That got me right to it. Wow, what a price range on this stuff. Now, between this site and the ones Sven suggested, I have an idea what they're going for.

Thanks so much to all for helping out. Love this place.

Richard

Archived