Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New gig rig!

RichieP_MechE

What else can I say but

:thu:

I'm really glad to read that you're feeling inspired, Richie.

Thanks Joe. I just hope I can keep the inspiration going after the new gear honeymoon is over!

Sweet! I do recommend that you pick up an expression pedal for the Electro. It's a great way to make your organ performances more dynamic. Plus, you can use it for the wah effect on the clav samples.

I actually have an FC-7 that I bought a few years ago to use with my Alesis. It ended up in the closet because it was the wrong resistance value. I'll have to go dig it out!

While you're at it make sure to upgrade your little phatty as well. Some cool new features were added in v3.1 including legato glide (legato notes automatically glide), LFO key reset, volume key velocity and alternate tuning scales. Click here to download it.

Thanks for this. I didn't realize the LP could be updated over MIDI. I just tried to update it, the it seems like the LP doesn't realize that my M-audio Uno is connected to it. When I have the Uno connected to MIDI in on the LP, only the USB light is lit up. When I go to load the bootloader, no lights are lit up on the Uno and nothing happens to the display on the LP. Any ideas?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this. I didn't realize the LP could be updated over MIDI. I just tried to update it, the it seems like the LP doesn't realize that my M-audio Uno is connected to it. When I have the Uno connected to MIDI in on the LP, only the USB light is lit up. When I go to load the bootloader, no lights are lit up on the Uno and nothing happens to the display on the LP. Any ideas?

Hrm, I'm not sure. Make sure to read the instructions that came with it very carefully. You don't need the Uno for the upgrade though. You can plug your little phatty via USB directly to your computer (this is how I did my upgrade and it worked fine). The little phatty was automatically recognized as a MIDI device. I'm using a Mac though, maybe on Windows it will require some drivers, but I'm pretty sure that MIDI over USB is a standard now.

In fact you could just use your Little Phatty as a 1-in 1-out USB Midi interface and ditch your Uno altogether. In the midi setup page you could configure the USB signal to be merged and sent out the DIN output and likewise set the DIN input to be merged and sent to the USB port. One less device on your desk! :thu:

Edit: I just realized that it's possible you have the older little phatty without USB, in which case you can ignore what I just said.

Edit: I just realized that it's possible you have the older little phatty without USB, in which case you can ignore what I just said.

Haha yes, I have an older version without the USB port.

I'll do a reboot on my PC and then run through (and re-read) everything again. I managed to find a few things via Google that may help.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: haven't gotten around trouble shooting the Moog update yet. I did restore the factory settings but then I got sidetracked learning new cover tunes (and relearning old ones) for my band's upcoming reunion gig. One feature I like about the Nord is the audio input (though lots of boards seem to have this feature nowadays). I can hook up my laptop and cue up iTunes or youtube and play along without having to mess with a mixer. Very convenient.

Speaking of band reunion, here's a shot from a rehearsal a couple weeks ago. Things got a little loud. Oops. :evil::laugh:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/rpantale/not-rick-wakeman.jpg

Archived