Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

schematics wanted

pinkjimiphoton

hey guys, got any weird/cool/bizzarre old effects kicking around with schematics in them?

wanna see them live again, or need advice on their repair?

hit me up...i'm on a one man mission to restore every weird noisemaking box ever built. ;)

yesterday i finished off the coloursound vocalizer, a klon centaur (which i then blew up,,, oooooops) and my own fuzzface variant, the "liberal komrade" which uses pnp soviet nos mil-spec germanium goodies...

crazy? you bet... lol... but send me weird schematics, post 'em right here in this thread, and by yiminy, if possible, i will frankenstein these futhermuckers back to life!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a couple. First a fuzz with which I am not familiar with but hear good things about.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t274/picker_album/ShinEi_FY-6_schema.jpg

Then, a fuzz wah I used to own, and wish I still had. The wah wasn't great, not horrible but not as good as a Crybaby from the same era. However there was a setting on the fuzz that was more of a boost than a fuzz, and that's what I miss.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t274/picker_album/Shin-eiFuzzWah.gif

If you need netter copies or something, contact me me and I'll email them to you.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

One of the pedals that I so lament losing long long ago is the wonky wedge-shaped Jax (Shin-Ei) FY-2 that fried my mind with its super-sensitive pumping, breathing compressed frizzling fuzz. It KILLED with low-output single-coils! Palm-mute harmonics out the @$$ and into the stratosphere. If you've never, you'd be pleasantly surprised and would love it, I assure you. Yhup, I think you'd like it...

Need schematics and/or any further FY-2 FYI? Or are you already in-the-know concerning this mystery of the Orient?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Caeven, I think the first Schematic I posted is the FY2.

And, I think the 2nd schematic, the fuzz wah, is a Jax/Shin Ei that I had back in the day. It was a pretty groovy gadget.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

:cool::thu: Yhup, that's probably it (and I only say "probably" because of the numerous wrongly-identified or just plain wrong schematics floating around the internet); yeah, it's the FY-2 "Companion" Fuzz, not the Fuzz-Wah or the FY-6, that I had.

Looked a lot like this one:

____________ http://files.effectsdatabase.com/gear/pics/jax_fy-2_004.jpg

I have to wonder, if most of 'em sounded, felt and acted like the one I had, or if it was the result of a combination of factors such as various component values, not to mention being used with the somewhat P-90 like "Ferrite" blade-poled single-coil pickups in the Peavey T-15 guitar that I had at the time. It was bright and fizzy in a weird yet cool way, with a sort of breathing, pumping compression, and it was very dynamically responsive- I could do fading/swelling effects simply by rolling the edge of my hand on and off the strings right at the bridge, with the fuzz ramping very quickly from fuzz to clean and from clean to fuzz as I did so; it sounded really cool. And chiming, palm-damping induced harmonics on chords and riffs a la early Van Halen and '80s Dave Davies/Kinks would pop out of the speakers all over the place! :D:cool: Video-demos that I've checked out don't exemplify these things, but it may be simply because the player didn't try to play that way, and didn't set the controls the same way I did, and other such factors.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

that's the brian may treble booster.

thanks guys for the suggestions...i have the shin ei fuzzes, and have owned most of them...that earwig chewing thru your brain sound is amazing, indeed!

but..

i want REALLY weird stuff..i have alot of schems, so if there's anything anyone needs, too, say the word!! ;)

Archived