Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs I never understood

picker

Why did this old man, he played knick knack on my thumb?

[video:youtube]

There once was a little frog who wanted to take out a home improvement loan to fix up his pad. His name is Kermit Jagger.

He hopped over to his local bank, went up to the teller and said, "Hi, I'd like to take out a loan to fix up my pad."

The teller replied, "You need to see our loan officer. Her name is "Patricia Black."

So the frog hops over to the loan officer's desk and sits down. When Patricia arrives she ask, "What can I do for you?"

The frog says, "I'd like to take out a loan to fix up my pad."

Patricia asked, "What do you have for collateral?"

After thinking for a couple of moments about what he could offer the frog reaches into his little froggy pocket and pulls out a small white elephant.

"This is a very unusual form of collateral." said Patricia. "I'll have to check with our bank president to see if it's ok."

Patricia goes to the president and says, "There's a frog named Kermit Jagger out there who want's a home loan and this white elephant is all he is offering for collateral. What should I do?"

The bank president takes the small white elephant and after carefully examining it hands it back to Patricia and says,

"It's a nick-knack Patty Black give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Push the button Frank.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great joke!

Why did Columbus sail the ocean blue? Was it really in 1492? Is there some arcane and esoteric, mystical significance to all of this - involving spaceships and reincarnation, etc. etc.? More to the point - was that poem ever a song???

"Thirty days hath September..." was that the inspiration for the "September Song"? - a really beautiful melody, BTW! Not sure if I ever heard it with words!

But can't you just picture a singer, emoting with great passion... "except February alone....." A picture of loneliness and desolation, if there ever was one! LOL

Archived