Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Rhodes Mark V sample library for MOTIF XF

Mark Schmieder

Seems like everyone is producing new Rhodes libraries these days:

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/chick-s-rhodes.html

This one is based on Chick Corea's Mark V from the 80's.

Edit: Looks like it's just for the new XF and not also for earlier models.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like everyone is producing new Rhodes libraries these days:

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/chick-s-rhodes.html

This one is based on Chick Corea's Mark V from the 80's.

Edit: Looks like it's just for the new XF and not also for earlier models.

I´ve seen that too a few days ago and hoping for a Yammi XF rack all the time.

It says 400MB and 13 voices ...

I wondered it might be a trimmed down sampleset for the minimum of 500MB flash RAM in a XF.

I imagine, Chick´s set in use w/ RTF4 and his XF might introduce more polyphony.

A.C.

Maybe you clicked on the third one, which is blank currently.

The first two audio demo links work.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Yep, that one's being talked about as well, both in its original MOTIF format (last year or earlier) and this new Kontakt version.

I think the discussion of the Kontakt version of Neo-Soul is from about two weeks ago. It should be easy to find, but I've been guilty myself of doing a search with too detailed a string and then have egg on my face when it turns out I duplicated a post. :-)

Not for me. With Firefox, it says "transferring data" for about a minute but nothing happens. No visible or audible response at all for MSIE, other than the play button turning into a pause button.

Yes, they're Flash, and thus no worky on iPhone.

:snax::freak:
LOL

Not for me. With Firefox, it says "transferring data" for about a minute but nothing happens. No visible or audible response at all for MSIE, other than the play button turning into a pause button.

Using a superior browser might help. Chrome or Safari.

• 9 months later...

Question,

Now knowing they Yamaha hasn't changed the E-piano sounds on Motif keyboards over the years.. what do you do with this software? Do you hook it up like a VST or is there a way to download this software onto the Motif XF8?

Motif XF8, August Forster, Takamine, Korg Triton

Sounds flat and lifeless. Horrible.

huh? I think it sounds great. In fact, I'm thinking of upgrading from a Motif ES to XF to get this.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

It's fine, if you're looking for that particular Mark V sound. This would be a great addition for XF players looking for that sound.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Question,

Now knowing they Yamaha hasn't changed the E-piano sounds on Motif keyboards over the years.. what do you do with this software? Do you hook it up like a VST or is there a way to download this software onto the Motif XF8?

This is a sample based library to load into the motif. Which means these new patches do not use elements (or waveforms) from the motif sound engine. They get loaded into your user banks of your choosing.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

It's fine, if you're looking for that particular Mark V sound. This would be a great addition for XF players looking for that sound

Yes, and its not like the Library costs a fortune.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived