Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond XK3c - CompactFlash cards

CEB

I want to get a compact flash card for the XK3-c. Third party CompactFlash cards are a whole lot bigger than the 32MB card that is listed in Hammond manual.

Is there an upper limit on usuable memory storage?

Thanks

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SanDisk, PNY and Kingston seem to be reliably compatible. Lexar labelled cards are not. Unfortunately Lexar seems to be a private label manufacturer too and I have run across Maxell and Kodak cards made by them.

At the time I was looking for one, the smallest one in the store was a Kingston 4GB. I bought it and it works OK.
Korg Kronos 61, DSS-1, EX-8000; VAX77; John Bowen Solaris; Yamaha S90ES, TX81Z; Hammond XK3c; Kurzweil K2000S, PC88mx; Moog Minimoog

Thanks everyone I found a large variety choices on Amazon.

You guys are great.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Yeah, I had to go for a humongous one myself a few months ago. I posted about it here at the time, both before and after (as I was seeking advice). The only "small" ones I found were on eBay at marked-up prices due to being discontinued.

Glad you found a current supply on Amazon (maybe that's where I found them too, but if so, it was amongst Amazon's resellers and used dealers, so incurred the mark-up cost of out-of-print items).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived