Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Journey" on the today show today...

e-keys

Interesting to see Jonathan in absence of a grand piano, but I can certainly understand why....especially for short, one-off performances such as this. Wonder if he ever upgraded his XB-2 to an XK-3c?

Here's video of a couple more tunes from the Today Show:

Klonk Here

Seems the new guy is attempting to sound less like Steve Perry, not that there is anything at all wrong with that.....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

I've got the backstage meet/greet etc..deal going for the Dallas show in September. I'm hoping to get at least 25 seconds with Jonathan. HA!

As far as the all electronic rig, I think when he retired the Whale, the baby brother/smaller red piano (forgot what they called it) got retired as well. I Know they used that at these one-off appearances.

I'm sure logistically since he just has the one Fazioli now, this makes sense. Thursday night they played in St. Paul , MN, and tonight they play in Tinley Park, which I know you know where that is :) I'd imagine it's pretty much infeasible to have to crate and uncrate that thing for 4 songs and get it back to Chicago.

I'm really curious how he keeps the TS-10s in gig ready shape year after year.

As an aside, after seeing Journey the last couple years, I reallllllly need to start working out and getting in shape if I want to still be rocking at 62. I'm about to be 49, and some gigs I feel every bit of it.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Chris,

I've got the backstage meet/greet etc..deal going for the Dallas show in September. I'm hoping to get at least 25 seconds with Jonathan. HA!

As far as the all electronic rig, I think when he retired the Whale, the baby brother/smaller red piano (forgot what they called it) got retired as well. I Know they used that at these one-off appearances.

I'm sure logistically since he just has the one Fazioli now, this makes sense. Thursday night they played in St. Paul , MN, and tonight they play in Tinley Park, which I know you know where that is :) I'd imagine it's pretty much infeasible to have to crate and uncrate that thing for 4 songs and get it back to Chicago.

I'm really curious how he keeps the TS-10s in gig ready shape year after year.

As an aside, after seeing Journey the last couple years, I reallllllly need to start working out and getting in shape if I want to still be rocking at 62. I'm about to be 49, and some gigs I feel every bit of it.

Very cool, Dave! :thu: In my 120 seconds with Jonathan, I found him to be very down to earth, gracious, humble, grounded, yet confident. He was even kind enough to autograph my "Escape" CD and hold still for a nice picture of him and I that sits in my office (If I was thinking, I should have brought my "Union Jacks" album for him to sign!).

I just find it somewhat ironic that he has a fairly state-of-the-art DP....and then there's the XB-2! So be sure to tell him about the newer Hammond stuff....and the Ventilator while you're at it (last I heard, he was still using a Dynacord CLS-122)! Just kidding......enjoy!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived