Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motif XF8 and MOX8

darc68

I`ve been looking for new workstations lately and I`ve noticed a fair amount of people selling there Motif XF8s. As a MotifES7 owner It peaked my intrest. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Secondly admitting I haven`t looked into the MOX KB alot why don`t they offer a MOX7 option? Seems to be the norm to sell the Yamaha products in all 3 options.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only guess that they overbought or they have to have the absolutely newest thing and went for a Nord Stage 2 or Korg Kronos. Or they just lost their job.

As far as a MOX7 goes... the MOX is the next-gen "MO", and there never was a "MO7". It makes sense from that perspective.

-John

I make software noises.

I can only guess that they overbought or they have to have the absolutely newest thing and went for a Nord Stage 2 or Korg Kronos. Or they just lost their job.

As far as a MOX7 goes... the MOX is the next-gen "MO", and there never was a "MO7". It makes sense from that perspective.

+1

Secondly admitting I haven`t looked into the MOX KB alot why don`t they offer a MOX7 option? Seems to be the norm to sell the Yamaha products in all 3 options.

This is not correct. The last ¨Lite¨versions they released only came in the two flavors, the MO6 and MO8. I owned both.

IMO they dropped the ball this time though by putting an inferior action into the MOX8 and by removing the faders that were present in the previous line.

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

+1

+2

My thoughts exactly. People are selling anything that isn't a NS2 or Kronos in order to get a NS2 or Kronos.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived