Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Karkwa

MAJUSCULE

Anyone into them? I saw them at the Canadian Francophone Games with Geneviève Toupin, another good artist. They won the Polaris Prize in 2010, which basically means their record "Les chemins de verre" was deemed the best album in Canada that year, regardless of style or commercial success. Yeah, that's a pretty broad category. I didn't really know them besides that.

It was a great show. Really, really good. They rocked hard. François Lafontaine, the keyboardist, had a sweet rig with a Nord Stage (Not sure which, but I don't think it was a 2), a Voyager Electric Blue, a Mopho Keyboard and several Moogerfoogers. They finished off the show by inviting about 100 excited teenagers on stage, a dangerous, but oh-so-fun tactic. I'm told they killed SXSW, too.

Here:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R4FOu25o9o&NR=1

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my favourite bands. The first time I saw them, François was playing Clav, B3 and a Roland RD700. His rig has certainly changed since then. I saw a CBC TV thing they did, semi-unplugged, where he was playing the Yamaha grand with a tambourine inside. Those guys are so creative. It's been amazing to watch them go from playing Le Divan Orange (a small club that holds maybe 150) to Metropolis (2000 capacity).

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Archived