Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Summer NAMM 2011 Reports

Geoff Grace

As you may know, this year's Summer NAMM Show began today and runs through Saturday at the Nashville Convention Center. Of course, Summer NAMM shows never have as many releases as Winter NAMM shows do, but there should at least be a keyboard product or two worthy of mention.

Please post your Summer NAMM 2011 reports here, for forum members who are not fortunate enough to go to the show.

Harmony Central will post NAMM coverage here.

Feel free to discuss NAMM announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before yawning my way out the door, I did play something that could be of interest; the Yamaha P95, which I think falls into the middle price point for this line. Not for me particularly, but we get so many noob inquiries around here for the holy grail light weight, 88 hammer action keys, good piano sound for around $500, and although some of the Privias fit this bill, the P95 played well and sounded pretty good for the money. I would still stress that folks should try harder to scrape up another couple hundred bucks for a PX3 or maybe whatever model is above the Yam P95, but if "under $500" is the decider, this is worth consideration.

Don't rush me. I'm playing as slowly as I can!

www.stevenathanmusic.com

https://apple.co/2EGpYXK

As Keyboard tweeted a short while ago...

"Congrats Casio on the WK-7500 winning Best in Show at summer NAMM."

:thu:

Thanks for mentioning this Jeff. Everyone at Casio is so happy that this product has been recognized with this award. This product continues to surprise and amaze me and our customers. We literally keep finding more things that it can do. I realize that this product may not be for everyone but it is an incredible song writing tool. Craig Anderton shot a video of me doing a demo which I haven't seen posted yet but I think it shows how fast you can put something together and what an inspiring instrument it can be. When the video is posted, I'll link it here.

-Mike Martin

Casio America, Inc.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I am waiting for Yamaha to come out with a Motif Rack XF so I can buy a Motif Rack XS on closeout.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

This Dual Sustain Single Pedal is a head scratcher for me. MIDI does the job of sustaining multiple keyboards with one pedal just fine; and in the rare instances in which MIDI isn't possible, wouldn't a normal cable splitter accomplish the same goal? :confused:

Best,

Geoff

This Dual Sustain Single Pedal is a head scratcher for me. MIDI does the job of sustaining multiple keyboards with one pedal just fine; and in the rare instances in which MIDI isn't possible, wouldn't a normal cable splitter accomplish the same goal? :confused:

Best,

Geoff

No because if you used a MIDI cable it the notes you played on one keyboard would also repeat on the second. It is an interesting concept, I'm just not sure how many people need such a pedal.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Best,

Geoff

No because if you used a MIDI cable it the notes you played on one keyboard would also repeat on the second. It is an interesting concept, I'm just not sure how many people need such a pedal.

Good point, Mike. That is an additional case in which MIDI wouldn't suffice; but still, why wouldn't an ordinary cable splitter used with a common sustain pedal accomplish the same goal?

Best,

Geoff

Archived