Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Never Ever Ever Released Beatles Photoz!!

ITGITC

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the cop using bullets for ear plugs...aren't there some threads on here somewhere asking for earplug recommendations?

And Tom, I'll take you up on the Brewski a little later...for God's sakes, I just got up a couple hours ago :thu:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Awesome pictures. I am reading Bob Spitz's great 2005 book 'The Beatles', and I just read about this concert in D.C.. It blows my mind how utterly insane the world went for the Beatles.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Awesome pictures. I am reading Bob Spitz's great 2005 book 'The Beatles', and I just read about this concert in D.C.. It blows my mind how utterly insane the world went for the Beatles.

Was that the 2/11/64 show at the Washington Coliseum? That building is still standing...I'm about to drive by it. :wave:

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

And Tom, I'll take you up on the Brewski a little later...for God's sakes, I just got up a couple hours ago :thu:

Years ago, when I lived in the land 3.2% beer (Oklahoma) we decided that it was OK for a 'breakfast beer.'

Cheers.

I remember the Concert at Shea Stadium. My sister lived in Flushing at the time and her apartment was only a few blocks from Shea. We couldn't get tickets. :( We stood outside to try to hear what was going on. We mostly heard screaming, and then MORE screaming, and "waves" of music as it drifted out into the evening air. We were far enough from the fray to avoid the mess around the stadium, but I was a little disappointed that we weren't able to get in to see the show. :cry:

Thanks for the Pic's Tom!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Great photos! Thanks Tom :)

Took my kid sister to one of their shows in Portland. She got the tickets but needed me because I had the driver's license. I wasn't even going to go.

It's impossible to imagine today but back then if you were a boy in his late teens you just didn't go to something like a Beatles concert. At this point in their career they were the 1960's equivalent to Justin Bieber. The entire Portland Colosseum was filled with 12 and 13 year old girls screaming their heads off. I was one of the few boys in our entire seating section, and felt a little embarrassed to be honest.

I'm sure glad I went today. I can actually say that I saw the Beatles play live, and there are parts of that concert I'll never forget - including John's fist and elbow solo on a Vox Continental.

I remember the Concert at Shea Stadium. My sister lived in Flushing at the time and her apartment was only a few blocks from Shea. We couldn't get tickets. :(

No scalpers back then?

My friend and I got tickets to Macca's show last week from a scalper for $25 a piece, which was less than a 1/5 of their value. Good seats, too, as you can see from the photo I posted. :cool:

A friend saw them in KC's Municipal Stadium in 1964. He was eight years old and his mom had driven his older siblings down to the show. There were tickets available, so rather than drive all the way home and back, they went in. He still has the ticket stub for something like $2. Charlie O. Finley, owner of the Kansas City A's gave the band a huge guaranty and although he sold a lot of tickets, reportedly lost a ton of money.

Kinda cool when people recount their first concert being able to say "The Beatles".

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1964/09/17/live-municipal-stadium-kansas-city/

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Dana, I don't know. I was only 16 years old at the time, and my sister tried to buy tickets ligit. It really doesn't work that way does it? We didn't try to get close enough to the stadium because of the traffic and mayhem. We tried to listen from a far, which didn't turn out too well. Oh well, another missed opportunity. :(

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Dana, I don't know. I was only 16 years old at the time, and my sister tried to buy tickets ligit. It really doesn't work that way does it?

I can count the number of times I've bought a ticket from a scalper on one hand.

Archived