Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Locking in with the guitar player

Ross Brown

We now have a new guitar player. He is a good bit younger than me... cool... I have played with him three times so far. We absolutely Lock In... Not everything is perfect. ie chord changes, etc... but we lock in... I can't describe it.... I suppose we are both locking in with the drummer... but still... I can't otherwise describe it.... Hope it works out. This might be very good.....
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cool Ross.

We were playing the other night and mid flight this song here Dark Tide A Little Bitter at 3.02 there is an instrumental passage which is fairly mental with a double kick part. Darrens double pedal slave side went down and he had to play the part with one foot ala Nicko McBrain. We never missed a beat, it made me think of this topic and affirmed what I I've thought the drummer keeps time but everybody must play in time no matter what!

Glad to hear you have a new head in Ross, why not make him a few chord charts for the rehearsals, keep them if you ever need a sub or a replacement in a wee book.

why not make him a few chord charts for the rehearsals, keep them if you ever need a sub or a replacement in a wee book.

Better yet... he has begun charting them... I review with him and make changes. He picked up a quick change that I had missed on one of the songs.... He does well. We are throwing a lot at him so all in all....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived