Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ipad2?

Dglavko

Hey all,

I'm considering getting an ipad2, primarily for email (work) but want to ensure I get what is needed for music related fun. I wouldn't use garageband on it, as I have a mac for that, but can see using this for all kinds of other things including vsts, w/ midi controllers, fake books, lyrics etc.

Do any of you with an ipad already have any suggestions on what requirements to buy ipad wise in order to maximize usage from a keyboardist's perspective? I gather the Yamaha line can be directly connected by usb. I don't have Yamaha gear, but have a few other lines incl kurzweil, nord, etc. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "iPad Camera Connection Kit" from Apple gives you a USB connector and should work with any keyboard that's class-compliant over USB, such as recent Casios (it works great with my PX-3).

Beyond that, you'd have to decide the best way to get the audio out of it. You'd be plugging in the mini stereo jack to whatever amplification.

There's a company that makes a mic stand adapter that's pretty handy when you use it for lyrics or fake books.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

K&M have also now launched an iPad stand, I noticed on a visit to their website today.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Archived