Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone have experience with the Laney Cub 12 R

desertbluesman

Anyone have experience with the Laney Cub 12 R? I have a freind who has one and he loves it

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LAN-CUB12R-LIST?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

$399 looks reasonable in price anyways

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've played Laney amps before and they were excellent. I can't imagine that this one would be bad. Interesting little factoid...Lyndon Laney played bass in a band with John Bonham and Robert Plant before Led Zep, while he was in engineering school.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Not this one, but a close relatives - I had a Laney VC30, which was *very* close to a VOX AC30, and have used a Laney VC15 - same tone stack.

The VC15 gave exceptional tone & smooth breakup at pushed volumes being particularly suitable for Blues. For Metal, you'd need an overdrive pedal & a much more powerful amp.

The only caveats I'd add are:

Get in a GOOD set of tubes. Get a matched set of power tubes & a decent set of NOS tone tubes.

In my VC30 I had an NOS 5751 in V1, an NOS Mullard EEC83 in V2 & a calibrated (side/side) EEC82 in V3.

I replaced the H|H speaker drivers with Celestion G10 Vintage. This did away with the boxiness & opened up the tone.

Remember that there's a passive tone stack on these - cut only - no boost, & you'll be fine.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I knowed that The Geoff would turn up here, after turnin' up his Laney...

'Fraid the Laney has gone, Caev, I play mainly bass these days 'n I couldn't justify having all that cash tied up in something that wasn't earning its keep.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I knowed that The Geoff would turn up here, after turnin' up his Laney...

'Fraid the Laney has gone, Caev, I play mainly bass these days 'n I couldn't justify having all that cash tied up in something that wasn't earning its keep.

G.

You aught to move into a castle tower and sell tickets to parties on the roof-top at which you'll play, and play loud and long, thus earning your Keep...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived