Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synths for Satan (literally)

Josh Paxton

I had no idea that when he wasn't busy founding and running the Church of Satan, Anton LaVey had a hobby as a synth nut:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRcWJ5BzwI

Bonus points for anyone who can ID all those boards. The DX7 on the top left is easy, and I think that may be a DX21 on the bottom left, but I'm not sure.

Who would have guessed the world's leading Satanist had a sensitive musical side? I have this hilarious image of him taking over the Disneyland gig for Michael Iceberg...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juno 60

And those god-awful Aframe stands? Couldnt Satan have hooked him up with something a little cooler?

I cant really watch more than 30 seconds of this at a time. It truly is hellish.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Bonus points for anyone who can ID all those boards. The DX7 on the top left is easy, and I think that may be a DX21 on the bottom left, but I'm not sure.

Behind him (from the main camera view) from top to bottom it's an original DX7, a DX100, and I'm not convinced about the bottom board; pitch/mod wheels are above the bottom octave of the keyboard, so it's probably either the DX21 or 27.

The boards he's playing are, top to bottom, Korg Poly61, Roland D50, and Korg M1.

We never see the ones to his right clearly enough to be sure, although the bottom board looks like an early Roland digital piano... but can't place the white/off-white buttons.

Man this was an interesting journey..have never heard of this dude [but then again, on this site I have never heard of half the dudes people mention, so name dropping for a better seat in the netherworld probably doesnt help me.]

but...............................

With all those synths, I would have expected his boss to have supplied him with eight testicles...errr I mean tenticle arms to play all those synths from hell..

he really was restricted with just two arms....man I guess this was early in his chosen path.,..so those tenticle improvements come with the earning of enough browny points off the dark one...

I loved how his mum and dad supported him in his endeavours,,,it was great to see them dancing at the end of one of his shows...it like all muso's ...my parents use to come out and dance at my shows...shows the family side of him

ironically I enjoyed his little soliloquy....if only he could use his powers for good...if you hadnt told me he was the minister of an antichurch then I would have thought he was just a well groomed dude who used to play Burlesque...and in that way i actually enjoyed his thoughts on his music background.....go figure.

He was once a working muso [i assume this by his early photo] who played out in much the same as many a muso on here...and I took his musings in that way...reflecting on a past musical style and career...interesting video for that reason.

Archived